Forums
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 2nd Aug 2012 5:08pm
I've just been to the Murco garage on leasowe road to "Fuel up".

I have a 61 plate volksvagon polo, which is fitted with a digital fuel display.

It was reading a quarter of a quarter of a tank, so I went to refuel.

I normally wouldnt use this station as I've heard bad reports in the past, but I felt I was in need.

I fill up everyday as I use my car for work, I know exactly how far the display will move depending on how much I put in, but This time, I put in £10 worth of fuel and the display didn't budge.

I called the garage and he said no fault showed up on the back office and there was nothing he can do.

Any suggestions??
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 2nd Aug 2012 5:18pm
Your not the first to complain about this garage, I do not use it no more after i had same issue, what with watering the fuel down, and cloning peoples card details, I can not believe people still use this place, there fuel is cheap for a reason, if it was not people would not use it.
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 2nd Aug 2012 5:23pm
Originally Posted by BurgerChips
Your not the first to complain about this garage, I do not use it no more after i had same issue, what with watering the fuel down, and cloning peoples card details, I can not believe people still use this place, there fuel is cheap for a reason, if it was not people would not use it.

I've heard all the same stories, but I was desperate, I wouldnt usually dream of using them. Not only the fuel and the card cloning, but the unpleasant rude staff that work there!
Posted By: swanny Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 2nd Aug 2012 5:40pm
Contact trading standards, they should be able to check if the fuel is being dispensed properly.

I only use that garage when I am desperate, but unfortunately there is very little choice of garages (which I would trust) in the area. I tend to go to Tesco.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 2nd Aug 2012 5:42pm
Originally Posted by ShaunTheSheep

I've heard all the same stories, but I was desperate, I wouldnt usually dream of using them. Not only the fuel and the card cloning, but the unpleasant rude staff that work there!

You had plenty of fuel to go to tesco so you didn't use Murco out of desperation. Sounds like a Witch-Hunt to me.....
Posted By: kevinhit Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 2nd Aug 2012 6:25pm

You cannot water fuel down! if it had been your car would simply not function......

Posted By: Willo_ Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 2nd Aug 2012 6:42pm
That depends on what they watered it down with.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 2nd Aug 2012 7:15pm
That depends on what they watered it down with.

They don't Dilute the fuel with anything but they do use a cheaper grade of fuel that is more likely to be contaminated or less pure. I simply won't use the fuel they supply, last time I filled up there and I mean brimmed I had to get my tank flushed, but, i didn't harp on about it on here......
Posted By: saltytom Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 2nd Aug 2012 8:01pm
Having worked for Esso / Exxon as an engineer I have never heard such rubbish, if you can add water to fuel let the world know.
All fuels meet a high standard and are tested on a regular basis.
If I let my fuel level run to low (I don,t not now bad practice)my gauge will not move till I put £15 in.
I use Murco on a regular basis never had a problem this is not a cheap garage as one person has said a witch hunt.
Please note the last garage to have problems with fuel was Tesco
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 2nd Aug 2012 8:55pm
I use Leasowe Murco regularly (as does mum). NEVER had a problem. I use both regular fuel and premium in different vehicles.

Charming people in the place as well, in my experience.

As Salty said, fuels are tested REGULARLY - very regularly - (and unannounced) for both quality and delivery amount.

OP should perhaps get his gague checked.

Snod
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 2nd Aug 2012 9:45pm
Wifey used to work in the industry and she says that budget fuel suppliers like Tesco are supplied with raw product. Most petrol stations sell fuel with additives which are good for the engine and hence more expensive. Raw product is less expensive and that is why Tesco etc are cheaper.
Posted By: chris123 Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 2nd Aug 2012 10:52pm
Well i know one of the fellas got sent down for credit card cloning so obv not a good idea to use a card in there- have to say I hate the place but my car seems to run brilliantly on there fuel for some reason! Get 45 mpg in there but around 35 mpg on my 06 astra in Tesco! Ive tested on a full tank a few times, shell seems to work just as well however so tend to use them if I dont have the cash at the ready
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 3rd Aug 2012 7:37am
Those digital readouts are rubbish, it's your car, not the garage and there's nothing wrong with the staff there.

Watered down fuel? LOL raftl
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 3rd Aug 2012 8:18am
Originally Posted by Capt_America
Wifey used to work in the industry and she says that budget fuel suppliers like Tesco are supplied with raw product. Most petrol stations sell fuel with additives which are good for the engine and hence more expensive. Raw product is less expensive and that is why Tesco etc are cheaper.

Absolute nonsense. All the fuel sold is blended to Standards that are legally enforced and to contain whatever additives are NEEDED for proper running of an engine. That is also a LEGAL requirement.

A few companies add extra materials and make extra claims - which may or may not be valid technically (for sure the companies will have supporting technical evidence from controlled testing). A claim being valid on that basis can be quite different from a claim being MEANINGFUL ie of real benefit. I used to help write advertising scripts.

Snod
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 3rd Aug 2012 8:22am
Originally Posted by chris123
Well i know one of the fellas got sent down for credit card cloning so obv not a good idea to use a card in there- have to say I hate the place but my car seems to run brilliantly on there fuel for some reason! Get 45 mpg in there but around 35 mpg on my 06 astra in Tesco! Ive tested on a full tank a few times, shell seems to work just as well however so tend to use them if I dont have the cash at the ready

The cloning incident was a "private venture" by ONE employee and he was properly prosecuted WITH FULL HELP from the garage proprietors. The individual was not a member of the proprietors family, just an employee.

S.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 4th Aug 2012 2:42pm
King street is the one to avoid I no a few that have worked there and told me some of there cons. pure con merchants, they think they can kid us by giving it a subway & make over but still same old owners.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 4th Aug 2012 3:58pm
Originally Posted by beehive
King street is the one to avoid I no a few that have worked there and told me some of there cons. pure con merchants, they think they can kid us by giving it a subway & make over but still same old owners.

On another note the subways in there is revolting, they claim it's fresh and it's not!

I went there once, never again!
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 4th Aug 2012 7:10pm
Originally Posted by beehive

What are the cons then mate , i use this place sometimes, but only when needs must.
Posted By: alann Re: Murco Garage - Leasowe Road - 4th Aug 2012 7:33pm
OK beehive, you'll have to tell about King street now, you've got us all interested, LOL, also I use this one too, agree about subway there, not good....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral