Forums
Posted By: shar215 food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 4:50pm
wirral restaurants and takeaways have had there hygiene levels put to the test ..i logged on to the government site today and i was shocked at how many takeaways only had one star .and it made me sick to now that i order from one of them on a weekly basis . so before you order a takeout tonight have a look www.food.gov.uk
Posted By: TillieTrochar Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 5:21pm
I looked earlier and I too was mortified.....!!! My favourite Indian takeaway scored 1...! Will be using the local one to me in future, that scored a 4.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 5:37pm
went into jeannies cafe in the cherry tree centre, liscard
they have scored 5
Posted By: manic28_am Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 5:39pm
OMG. That's 3 places lost my custom. Some you would've guessed would be a 0 or 1, but I was shocked by others.

Click organise by rating. They should be forced to display their rating in front window.

I'm on a diet anyway.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 6:35pm
our local chippy got 1 star.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 7:58pm
Originally Posted by TillieTrochar
I looked earlier and I too was mortified.....!!! My favourite Indian takeaway scored 1...! Will be using the local one to me in future, that scored a 4.

I hope it wasn't taste of bengal....
Posted By: mikroc Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 8:09pm
i cant get on my locals any idea
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 8:29pm
Cherry Orchard scored 1, but I guess that is not surprising though bear in mind some place's were rated over a year ago plus. So hopefully some of them have improved their cleanliness etc..:)))
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 9:17pm
I couldn't find it on the list, but Beryls (the one on brighton street, not liscard) scored a 5, they have the sticker proudly in the front window, which is just as well as i go there for my lunch most days while I am at work. (the one in liscard scored a 4, so still pretty decent)

Some of the places i have ordered pizza from at the weekend have not gotten good ratings though, I guess I will be changing where I go for those, it gives me a shudder to think of what i may of eaten!

Originally Posted by vdleon
i cant get on my locals any idea

Try searching by post code, I found that to be better, you can even search for other types of businesses such as schools, lets just say i am glad my child doesn't go to new brighton primary, they would be on packed lunch by now.
Posted By: shar215 Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 9:20pm
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
Cherry Orchard scored 1, but I guess that is not surprising though bear in mind some place's were rated over a year ago plus. So hopefully some of them have improved their cleanliness etc..:)))
another surprising one was ..subway grange rd scored a one .thats not good for a multi million pound company
Posted By: lau2908 Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 9:26pm
they are going to make it mandatory for them to display it in the window wether they like it or not
Posted By: shar215 Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 9:41pm
Originally Posted by lau2908
they are going to make it mandatory for them to display it in the window wether they like it or not
its only mandatory in wales at this time .and if they dont show it they only get a 200 quid fine
Posted By: lau2908 Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 9:57pm
hence why i said they are GOING to make it mandatory smile
Posted By: ASE71 Re: food hygiene levels - 20th Jun 2012 10:29pm
I now feel sick - 1 star for my local takeaway, needless to say , i wont be going there again, Dirty Gits!!
Posted By: TheDr Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 1:43am
I was looking for the rating for the Pizza shop on Dacre Hill (which seems to have been missed).

I went in there the other night for a pizza, the guy was sweating heavily, wiped his forehead on his arm, picked up the dough, then started to toss and spin it (up and on his arm) to make a base.

Not often I walk out of a food place.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 10:00am
Originally Posted by TheDr
I was looking for the rating for the Pizza shop on Dacre Hill (which seems to have been missed).

Can`t find .Old Quay Pub and Carvery in park gate either, like me roast dinners at the moment,Am not worried like the majority of big food chains`they have a good rating` am sure.

A few chippies by me we use all the time and are very busy and popular (0) rated .... Gob smacked!
Posted By: shar215 Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 10:20am

Can`t find .Old Quay Pub and Carvery in park gate either, like me roast dinners at the moment,Am not worried like the majority of big food chains`they have a good rating` am sure.

A few chippies by me we use all the time and are very busy and popular (0) rated .... Gob smacked![/quote] just had a look the old Quay pub is a 4 good
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 10:35am
Cheers cool
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 1:04pm
Ohhhh I wonder what that grotty takeaway kebab shop in Victoria rd scored?

Not worth me checking as I know it will be zero as the place is minging, bits of asbestos roof tiles in your kebab sir?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 1:40pm
why that place has not been shut down yet is beyond me snob
Posted By: madimoo75 Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 1:51pm
i read the list and the kebab shop on victoria road new brighton, actually scored 4/5 i was gobsmacked lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 2:11pm
Unbelievable oshocked

To be fair though I haven't stepped foot in there since 2006 after seeing how disgusting it was.
Posted By: shar215 Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 2:24pm
i bet nearly everyone in wirral has been to this place .parkgate ice creams .. only scored a 1.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 3:21pm
MUZZY'S in liscard scored a 1
had a mexican pizza last night, the extra chillis will do them pesky germs in
Posted By: Clive Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 5:39pm
If you go to one of these shops with the sign in the window, and look at the date on it, you will notice they are not uptodate, they are going by the scores from years ago, the one where i work, the date on it, is 2010
Posted By: Anonymous Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 5:51pm
Originally Posted by eggandchips
MUZZY'S in liscard scored a 1

That don't surprise me, Picasso is by far the best in Liscard yumyum
Posted By: alann Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 6:03pm
guina gap cafe on brigton street was rated a 5 star noticed certicate in the window and was dated in the last couple of days ago
its a very nice cafe
Posted By: lau2908 Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 6:21pm
yeah some are old but some are bang up to date
Posted By: Greenwood Re: food hygiene levels - 21st Jun 2012 11:01pm
<meep> Both my local chippies scored 1. I don't often go there, admittedly, but I think I'll be looking into other options. There are a couple of 4 and 5 not too far away. I wonder if they have any system for re-testing low scorers after a certain time, to see if they've changed their ways...
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: food hygiene levels - 22nd Jun 2012 7:08am
Please! Absolutely NO connection!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: food hygiene levels - 22nd Jun 2012 7:27am
Originally Posted by muzzy2

LOL clap
Posted By: eggandchips Re: food hygiene levels - 22nd Jun 2012 8:31am
oops ! no its the shop by the oak in liscard

Originally Posted by muzzy2
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: food hygiene levels - 22nd Jun 2012 11:21am
I suppose the stalls in Sembawang, Singapore would leave you all totally mortified. We used to love them although the authorities did place them out of bounds. We used to leg it when the patrol came around and then return once they'd gone and carry on with our nosh. I'm not sure that they had a star rating system then.
Posted By: Cobby Re: food hygiene levels - 26th Jun 2012 8:39pm
Originally Posted by Vanmanone

Old Quay scored a 4 - http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business...y&sm=1&st=1&pi=0&las=192
Posted By: katiechops Re: food hygiene levels - 26th Jun 2012 9:37pm
sorry to state the obvious, but if you are all so concerned over these 'ratings' you could start cooking for yourself, would be cheaper and healthier, as actually even if your local takeaway or chippy is scoring well on hygeine stakes, you'll probably shorten your life with all that saturated fat anyway, think what it's doing to your cholesteral levels !!!!!
Just a thought ......
Posted By: shar215 Re: food hygiene levels - 27th Jun 2012 7:04am
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: food hygiene levels - 27th Jun 2012 10:19am
Originally Posted by katiechops
sorry to state the obvious, but if you are all so concerned over these 'ratings' you could start cooking for yourself, would be cheaper and healthier, as actually even if your local takeaway or chippy is scoring well on hygeine stakes, you'll probably shorten your life with all that saturated fat anyway, think what it's doing to your cholesteral levels !!!!!
Just a thought ......
can only agree...but just to add my 2p worth ...Mcdonalds , in Liscard , 5 stars....yeah right , the place is filthy.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: food hygiene levels - 27th Jun 2012 11:13am
Let's hear it for home cooking.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral