Forums
Posted By: nidgynoo Morrison's New Brighton : Lost My Cash back - 6th May 2012 2:27pm
Not sure where to put this so apologise if it is in the wrong place.
Just been to Morrison's and got £20 cash back at the self serve but through my own stupidity did not pick up the cash,I have rang the store but wasn't handed in....I hope the person who picked it up really feels good about themselves. I know it is my own fault (I would of handed it in) but it does annoy me there are less honest people who would not.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Morrison's New Brighton : Lost My Cash back - 6th May 2012 2:53pm
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Morrison's New Brighton : Lost My Cash back - 6th May 2012 2:53pm
happened to someone else on here few weeks back , they got no where either

plus at least it was only 20 quid , could have been worse
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Morrison's New Brighton : Lost My Cash back - 6th May 2012 3:06pm
done willo smile
Posted By: MarkDB Re: Morrison's New Brighton : Lost My Cash back - 6th May 2012 3:08pm
You might have a chance, find out the bank dealing with the ATM, you probably know the time you went, then ask the bank to check if the ATM has balanced. Sometimes if no one is behind you in the Q the money gets sucked back into the machine after a period of time. Good luck
Posted By: Handbag Re: Morrison's New Brighton : Lost My Cash back - 6th May 2012 3:47pm
We've had that happen, there is a slim chance that you can get it back, happened to us at the post office cash point in Liscard, on a Monday afternoon at 4pm when Liscard was FULL of teenagers. My husband left £100 took his card and receipt and left £100 hanging out of the machine, 10 minutes later he realised what he's done and ran back to find it had gone. We got in touch with the people in the Post office who checked the machine after 48 hours. They found that the machine was 'up' and creditted our account with the £100. The machine sucks the money back in if it isnt taken after 60 seconds or so. So it's worth a try smile
Thanks guy's and girls,have left my number with the store..I know it's only £20 but still can't afford to lose it but you live and learn..just been told the self serve check outs don't suck the money back in..hey ho
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
Not sure where to put this so apologise if it is in the wrong place.
Just been to Morrison's and got £20 cash back at the self serve but through my own stupidity did not pick up the cash,I have rang the store but wasn't handed in....I hope the person who picked it up really feels good about themselves. I know it is my own fault (I would of handed it in) but it does annoy me there are less honest people who would not.
Self service tills are good but not designed properly ,there is quite a gap from when you pay untill your change comes out and it should also come out near to where you put it in and not by your knees Tills need adjusting i think June
Cash machines suck the money back in but do the self serve machines in the supermarket do it?. I would be surprised if they do. The cash sits there at the bottom of a troth rather than sticking out, still held between the rollers inside the machine like a cash machine does.

It is a bit daft to have the cash dispensed by your knees anyway. I have almost walked away leaving it and have had to shout after the last customer a few times when they have forgotten about it.
Just to let you know, we did the same thing in ASDA in Woodchurch, £40 cash back through self-service till. It was handed in, the staff are trained to check as the money slot flashes after it gives back the cash, they hand any unclaimed cash into customer service who are able to time stamp the transaction and it is there for you to claim. This doesn't allow for any subsequent customer to take your money. Obviously it is not fool proof sometimes the staff are busy, but they get loads left every day. Perhaps Morrison's staff could learn a bit from ASDA's
Posted By: j_demo Re: Morrison's New Brighton : Lost My Cash back - 7th May 2012 9:26am
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/684105/cashback_issue.html#Post684105

had the EXACT same thing happen a couple of weeks back, there's nothing you can do.

sadly.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Morrison's New Brighton : Lost My Cash back - 7th May 2012 9:43am
see no-one has mentioned the fact that you must have money to throw away anyway shopping at morrisons lmao !! smirk

stupidly dear to shop there if you ask me
Originally Posted by NON_CUSTOM

stupidly dear to shop there if you ask me

Good job nobody did.

It's not stupidly expensive at all.

Good look in the outcome OP.
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Morrison's New Brighton : Lost My Cash back - 7th May 2012 10:01pm
@ Non Custom...you need to go shopping with me,bagged about £40 worth of stuff for about £6 once in there...ended up in freezers in mine and a friends..so I guess I'm still £14 up after losing the £20..all good :-)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral