Forums
Posted By: NewBrighton Wirral Egg Run - 27th Mar 2012 8:22pm
This weekend is The Wirral Egg Run and by the looks of the reports it's going to be probably the biggest turnout yet, up to 12,000 participants expected, say the Wirral News Wirral News - Bikers Gearing up for Wirral Egg Run for Charity .

I think it's a fantastic event and it raises a lot of money for charity - somewhere between £20,000 and £40,000 each year.

My point is this, if your a biker, it's a great day out, loads of fun, a great laugh and it's for charity, however it's also free. You just need a bike and turn up on the day. What if each of the 12,0000 people gave a fiver to attend the event, that would automatically raise £60,000, if they gave a tenner £120,000. Add to that the average £30,000 the Wirral Egg Run raises each year and you are talking in the region of £90,000 - £150,000 that could be raised for local charities.

What are your thoughts on this??? happy
Posted By: Chopper1979 Re: Wirral Egg Run - 27th Mar 2012 8:55pm
They should suggest this in an informal way ie you don't have to pay but it is viewed as a done thing- a fiver is reasonable. You get the bike event benefit too.

However, unless the idoit panic buyers of fuel stop the madness I doubt the bikes will have full tanks on the day.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Wirral Egg Run - 28th Mar 2012 7:01am
Hoseman will be there in the RAPID Van. Down on the corner of Moreton Shore. Give us a beep when passing! Might get me an air horn for you all!!
Posted By: NewBrighton Re: Wirral Egg Run - 28th Mar 2012 9:17am
Originally Posted by Chopper1979
They should suggest this in an informal way ie you don't have to pay but it is viewed as a done thing- a fiver is reasonable. You get the bike event benefit too.

However, unless the idoit panic buyers of fuel stop the madness I doubt the bikes will have full tanks on the day.

Agree about the fuel panic, but not about suggested informal payment. It's a great day out, some in fancy dress, showing off your bike, meeting up with your old mates, where can you go for a great day out like that for free?? ......... let's not forget the reason The Wirral Egg Run started ..... It's for charity.

£10 compulsory, when you break it down, you're raising less than a pound a month for the cause!!!

Posted By: Chopper1979 Re: Wirral Egg Run - 29th Mar 2012 8:37pm
I agree it is a good day out and I have done it myself in the past but the reason I say informal is that as you know, there would be no way to police it as you can tag along at any point- just lets make it frowned upon if you don't pay up lol.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral