Forums
Posted By: Abismum Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 4:20pm
Is there any petrol stations that dont have a queue !!!!
Posted By: Helles Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 4:26pm
Why, why and why? They are not on strike, only have voted for one if necessary. Then I believe they have to give a weeks notice.

These idiots are causing problems for the rest of us. Britain is a very selfish country these days.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 4:48pm
I went from Ellesmere Port today on vapour to asda (my local and cheapest station!) and the que was stupid through the carpark. When finally got to a pump, noticed people filling cans and containers with fuel....STUPID!!! I Filled up, as i always do and the woman on kiosk said that it had been like that all morning and due to run out of diesel. one of my workers went to same couple hours later for fuel and sold out of diesel. FOOKWITS!!!!!
Comes to the push, i will run my van on 50 / 50 diesel and hydraulic oil....works but smokes like a pig. hydraulic oil is cheaper than diesel too!!!!
Posted By: madimoo75 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 4:50pm
the country has gone crazy, i drove past king street garage earlier, and people where arguing over the petrol pumps!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 4:53pm
Originally Posted by Helles
Why, why and why? They are not on strike, only have voted for one if necessary. Then I believe they have to give a weeks notice.

These idiots are causing problems for the rest of us. Britain is a very selfish country these days.

Wrong! It's the idiotic pratts that are going the petrol stations and filling up to the brim that are causing the problems! D@#*heads!!!! mad
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 4:58pm
I brimmed mine yesterday morning, but I always do as I cba putting 20's and 30's in here there and everywhere when its all going to get used anyway.
Posted By: Abismum Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 5:12pm
Anyone know how leasowe road petrol station isnow, i heard before the queue was up by the cheshire cheese !!!!

I think this panic buying is stupid, My car is nearly empty and i will NOT queue to put my normal £10 in, If there isn't any left then i either walk/train/bus !!!!
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 5:17pm
just go king street only a few cars there i just been
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 5:20pm
It will be supermarket panic buying bread and milk next as fear the delivery wagons cant get fuel.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 5:24pm
Originally Posted by Abismum
Is there any petrol stations that dont have a queue !!!!

Only in your dreams somad
Posted By: Nienna Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 5:44pm
I was walking past a garage with loads of cars all waiting when one car went 'out of his line' when a space appeared in another. It was mean and unfair but I didnt expect what happened..it led to another man getting out of his car and swearing like mad at the place jumping motorist. Tempers really did flare and I expected fisticuffs at any moment.

All this panic buying... where will it end... violence the next step?

Wonder if I should avoid the post office now incase of people having stamp rage!
Posted By: Lynda Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 6:16pm
been told shell on new chester road is virtually dry, quite a few pumps off......was loads queuing earlier.

My other half is taxi driver, he needs fuel to go to work tonight, but its likely he wont get any...so I have the pleasure of his company tonight.......bloomin scare mongers!!! I wanted to watch my rubbish telly in peace!!!
Posted By: Rich334 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 6:39pm
No traffic jams over the bank holidays anyway
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 7:24pm
I took my petrol can to the garage today - but not panic buying. It was for the lawnmower !! Ran out with half the grass cut and be buggered if I am going to muck around syphoning petrol out of the car tank. However, you shoud have seen the 'scowl' looks I received filling a can.

Snod
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 7:37pm
I drove past the Texaco in Pasture road Moreton about 20 minutes ago and the queue was only just at the edge of the forecourt, which is not bad I suppose considering the idiotic behaviour going on.
Posted By: Spica Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 7:38pm
Drove out to Wales yesterday, noticed the panic buying at stations when I got back, I needed fuel but couldn't be bothered queing, I had a jerry can of diesel at home anyway which I bought about three weeks ago, I like to have some stored for eventualities such as this, should last me till more deliveries come in. Striking tanker drivers will not cause a fuel shortage, panic buying will, fools.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 7:40pm
it just goes to show how stupid people are, they will all have to go again before the strike.bah bah bah you stupid people of wirral
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 7:47pm
As I commented earlier in the other thread that seems to have disappeared, what the hell is wrong with the people round here?. I left the site in Manchester at 5pm. Drove past 4 petrol stations on the way to the Motorway and not one was closed, had a queue or was even busy. No sense of panic whatsoever. Came off the motorway at Prenton and went past Sainsburys and it was mayhem. A huge queue, longer than any sane person would sit in was up the main road and into the filling station in BOTH directions. All the other places I went past where closed. Idiots.
Posted By: starakita Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 7:52pm
oh well when all those greedy people have run out & there is no fuel,Ill just have to use my trio pass
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 7:57pm
It was the mums who do the school run that cause this queing.There worry they might have to walk the kids 10 yards from where they live...lol
Posted By: dave_g Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 8:12pm
all these long queue's,how much fuel are people burning sitting there waiting feck knows how long?idiots the lot of em!
Posted By: PaulH Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 8:55pm
I spoke to a Shell driver on Sunday afternoon. He told me they had'nt even had ballot papers let alone vote. Their pay deal is in place for the next five years, and by the sound of it a very lucrative one it is too. Things are different than the last dispute, for a start the army were'nt trained to use the equipment. Aside from the issue of how much money the drivers get, by and large they are responsible people. The inside track appears to be that the fuel companies like the fact that we are all suddenly buying more than we need.
Posted By: workinclasshero Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 9:09pm
just been to murco on leasowe rd they had petrol but no diesel and every car in the que was driven by a woman dressed in pyjamas
Posted By: Chopper1979 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 9:12pm
Shell and sainsburys in upton in madness again- arguing and beeping in anger- just walked past thinking I will have to fill up in a day or so and put up with the calamity that is going on in peoples heads.
Posted By: ProfHarry Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 9:19pm
Just driven past Tesco Bidston and the queue was out onto the roundabout. What has caused the rush? Cost of fuel is £1.37 or is it the lure of those Tesco Computer Vouchers for Schools?!
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 9:37pm
Just driven back from Bedford - no queues - loads of fuel...get to the Wirral - no fuel and loads of queues- a shortage created by panic buying. What is it with people - no strike yet, ACAS involved etc etc....

It will be panic buying of stamps next....
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 9:56pm
Mates just come from manchester and its the same there, stupid wirral.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 10:01pm
Originally Posted by ProfHarry
Just driven past Tesco Bidston and the queue was out onto the roundabout. What has caused the rush? Cost of fuel is £1.37 or is it the lure of those Tesco Computer Vouchers for Schools?!

Its just divs panic buying. We went shopping to Tesco tonight and you can only get to the fuel station from the roundabout, they have coned off the entrance to the petrol forecourt from the store - my guess to stop people thinking others may have jumped the que....

Total madness, the mind boggles about the idiocy of the people who are creating a problem from nothing crazy
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 10:45pm
Originally Posted by PaulH
I spoke to a Shell driver on Sunday afternoon. He told me they had'nt even had ballot papers let alone vote. Their pay deal is in place for the next five years, and by the sound of it a very lucrative one it is too. Things are different than the last dispute, for a start the army were'nt trained to use the equipment. Aside from the issue of how much money the drivers get, by and large they are responsible people. The inside track appears to be that the fuel companies like the fact that we are all suddenly buying more than we need.

I dont know which union he was in but UNITE has balloted and the vote results were in favour of a strike. This is because 12 members failed to vote and these were included as votes "FOR" not "AGAINST".

There is no point in this stupid panic buying though, as the strike is set to begin at the start of the Easter holiday, about 10 days time. You will need more fuel by then.

Panic buying retards........Pointless at this stage.

But, if the strike does go ahead, prepare for MASS panic buying, forecouts will dry up real quick as the army will on maintain essential supplies.
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 10:50pm
i rely on diesel cos its cheaper than vodka. Get out of my way car People
Posted By: gingevans Re: Panic buying Fuel - 27th Mar 2012 11:55pm
I think the fact that the government, using our British Army to make fuel deliveries is a wake up call to the consumer on how lucrative fuel production is- if we didn't know already. How about using our soldiers to help build an infrastructue, repair roads & derelict homes for the thousands of homeless & people struggling to get on the housing market. NO NO NO. The government want to make money, the easy way. We pay around 70-75% tax per litre (about 105p) If we paid this on our other everyday items, this government would be ousted- how do we let them get away with it whilst wasting billions on the banks then cry poverty (the amount they spent on the banks could have given each household a 1 off £35,000 payment to spend our way out of recession but decided to throw it into a bottomless pit)... Back to the fuel debate...it's a huge money fiddle, does anyone remember diesel being cheaper than petrol at the pump, well the government hiked up tax on that when they realised you get more MPG from diesel & that most companies that travel the roads of the u.k use a diesel engine & as for LPG, thats more than doubled in price since it's introduction as a cheap alternative!

75% TAX!!!! Come-on people. No-one likes a con-man.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 5:27am
Sainsburys in prenton is queing again at this time of the morning ffs!.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 6:24am
Originally Posted by Helles
Britain is a very selfish country these days.
withthat
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 9:27am
Was running dry, went to Sainsburys at prenton this morning arons 9am because its the cheapest near me, needless to say long queues. But its not like people were filling empty tanks, there seemed to be lots that were queuing to just top up their tanks with £4-6, was it really worth it?

I went because I had to not because I must get an extra 10 miles from my tank before the world ends. *sigh*
Posted By: Clive Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 9:33am
Doesent help when papers print stuff like this Clicky (Warning link is to Sun paper)
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 9:39am
Its just ridiculous, and just goes to show how dependent society is on oil, especially as we are a non-producer.

If this is what its like when strikes haven't even happened yet, I wonder what it will be like when the worlds oil reserves soon run out?

The words 'bedlam' and 'anarchy' comes to mind
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 9:48am
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002
there seemed to be lots that were queuing to just top up their tanks with £4-6, was it really worth it?

That is the perfect example of panic buying - waiting to buy fuel when you dont need it, just so you have as much as possible when you cant get it. Its people like that causing the issues. Of course, they will be there again tonight after their school run / drive to work to make sure they have a full tank again tomorrow.
Posted By: gemgem87 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 10:23am
Massive queues at King street again, at least today they seem to have the common sense to tuck in a bit to let people not queuing get past, rather than block the road entirely like yesterday snob
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 10:36am
Is this a Merkeyside thing ? No queues up here in Haggisville (yet). Just speaking to Chriskay on the blower, all normal in the Shrewsbury area too.

Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 10:56am
1 hour this morning to fill up at the 3rd petrol station, 1 closed, 1 only diesel and the the one I found, some women in front put £3.00 in FFS, she must have spent £1.00 bloody waiting.

Idiot's I went today as I normally do once a week, may just go and top it next week before it gets really bloody silly.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 11:18am
There should be a minimum charge for petrol in cars, what the hell is £3 going to do? It costs around £8 just to fill up a small petrol can lol.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 11:19am
Originally Posted by workinclasshero
just been to murco on leasowe rd they had petrol but no diesel and every car in the que was driven by a woman dressed in pyjamas
Leasowe estate bad girls laugh
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 11:32am
No queues in Chester.
Posted By: oneofthree Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 11:44am
Just the divvies round here then!! I think I'll leave it until tomorrow......
Posted By: Clive Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 11:49am
Sainsburys upton really bad, the queue is backing up allmost to greasby Rd
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 12:26pm
No panic here in manchester again. Im thinking of bringing a load of jerry cans full back with me later and set up stall selling it for £20 a litre to all the plebs.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 12:32pm
mad king st blocked and liscard rd blocked due to knobends queuing for gas!
Posted By: dave_h Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 12:51pm
Originally Posted by gingevans
I think the fact that the government, using our British Army to make fuel deliveries is a wake up call to the consumer on how lucrative fuel production is- if we didn't know already. How about using our soldiers to help build an infrastructue, repair roads & derelict homes for the thousands of homeless & people struggling to get on the housing market. NO NO NO. The government want to make money, the easy way. We pay around 70-75% tax per litre (about 105p) If we paid this on our other everyday items, this government would be ousted- how do we let them get away with it whilst wasting billions on the banks then cry poverty (the amount they spent on the banks could have given each household a 1 off £35,000 payment to spend our way out of recession but decided to throw it into a bottomless pit)... Back to the fuel debate...it's a huge money fiddle, does anyone remember diesel being cheaper than petrol at the pump, well the government hiked up tax on that when they realised you get more MPG from diesel & that most companies that travel the roads of the u.k use a diesel engine & as for LPG, thats more than doubled in price since it's introduction as a cheap alternative!

how about fook off, like people who do the job need to be mending roads and doing derilict houses up,
Posted By: dave_h Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 12:52pm
my mate works in petrol station, in heswall, says its manic, cant believe how fooking stupid people are, god help us if the shit really hit the fan
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 1:41pm
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002
Its just ridiculous, and just goes to show how dependent society is on oil, especially as we are a non-producer.

If this is what its like when strikes haven't even happened yet, I wonder what it will be like when the worlds oil reserves soon run out?

The words 'bedlam' and 'anarchy' comes to mind

We are still producing oil, but our North Sea fields have peaked so we have to import ever more year-on-year.

The US Dept. of Energy specualted that the world may have peaked in 2006. This may not be the case, but peak oil can't be too many years away. When you factor in ever rising global population and demand, then we really could be fooked!
Posted By: bigtalk2011 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 1:41pm
i agree im a community carer an had to drive to ellesmere port for fuel panick buying is pathetic an as u say makes it harder for others
Posted By: delta6 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 1:50pm
Originally Posted by dave_h
Originally Posted by gingevans

how about fook off, like people who do the job need to be mending roads and doing derilict houses up,

dont think hes saying that to be honest dave.
as soon as there is a crisis that will cost the govt millions in tax then they get the soldiers to bail them out by driving tankers. they wouldnt get the soldiers in to mend our roads and fix up derelict houses cos it is of no value to them only a cost.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 4:05pm
"I think the fact that the government, using our British Army to make fuel deliveries is a wake up call to the consumer on how lucrative fuel production is- if we didn't know already. How about using our soldiers to help build an infrastructue, repair roads & derelict homes for the thousands of homeless & people struggling to get on the housing market."

oh i think he is, this is getting printed out and put in the mess, weather it is lucrative or not we seen a snippit of whats happening at the moment at petrol stations, imagine what would happen if the strike goes ahead and we never used the armed forces, because it wont just be the army driving

Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 4:18pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone
We are still producing oil, but our North Sea fields have peaked so we have to import ever more year-on-year.

I thought the north sea fields was mainly just gas now, didnt realize there was still oil to be had there.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 5:23pm
If you want to fix up old houses, fix roads etc. you stay in civvy street, you don't join up. The tanker driving bit is a proper national requirement to stop the whole shebang coming to a standstill and dave is right, it won't only be army it'll be crab fats and stokers as well, maybe the odd booty or two as well. Calm down, calm down, it'll get sorted one way or the other.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 7:01pm
thank fook for that one of our ministers has just said on television there is no crisis ,now just hope all the knobs in the queue have seen it and realised what tossers they really are
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 7:36pm
Just seen somebody get really emotional at the petrol station. They just started filling up.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 9:25pm
Just a quick update on the stations I've passed in the last 20mins

Shell Borough Rd - Has everything but Diesel was gurgling a bit as I filled up so may be getting low

Esso Green Lane - Now re-opened for Unleaded but Diesel pumps have Out Of Order on them

Shell Cammell Lairds - Seems to have Unleaded but Diesel pumps are Out Of Order
Posted By: DPG1991 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 10:19pm
hi i would like to say people need to think instead of panic buyin my father is a taxi driver and as be struggling to fill is car because of stupid people panic buying that is my dad livly hood i also use my motorbike for work and i have been unable to get pertol since monday night i finally got unleaded petrol tonight at 8oclock this evening at shell borough rd i was waiting to pull into the garage and a car nearly ramed the rear of my mototbike and started beeping for me to move when i was in the queue to fill my motorbike as i had no fuel and needed fuel. For one i am not panic buying and for 2 i have waited 3 days to fill my motorbike it is absoultly bang out of order people need to stop panic buying it is causing alot of problems for the rest of the people in the wirral who use there cars as the livlyhood such as taxi drivers,people with business's people need to think before going stupid i seen a lady yesterday at a garage filling her car with 3 pound when she has a full tank of petrol it is greed and it needs to stop i am not causing a agrument i am speaking the truth i think police should start patrolling the garages because the panic buyin is turnning really nasty
Posted By: Salmon Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 10:23pm
I think I understand what you are saying.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 10:49pm
I understand what you are saying, and I agree that people need to calm down a bit, but everyone has their own reasons for wanting to make sure that their car has plenty of fuel:

The taxi driver - so he can work
The business owner - so he can get stock, get to work, make deliveries
The mother - to get her children to school, shopping, dentist, hospital, work
The pensioner - so he can get out of the house and meet up with friends and family
The sales rep - so he can meet his targets, keep his job, feed his family
The burglar - so he doesn't have to rob where he lives...

EVERYONE has their own reasons, and for everyone their reasons will be the most important, because it's their life and their problems.

I remember the last fuel shortage only one station around here had fuel and that was for emergency services, (some) taxi drivers were blocking the station at one point wanting to know why nurses could get fuel and they couldn't.

It won't be the same as last time, we'll get a lot of notice of this (at least seven days, IF there's going to be a strike) and as we're all pretty full right now the garages have time to fill their tanks again.

It's a different situation than last time, it's the panic that's causing the problems, not the lack of fuel.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Panic buying Fuel - 28th Mar 2012 11:08pm
Spot on there, we all have our priorties and everybody else's are insignificant compared to mine.However any car driver who queues for less than £30(?) must be considerd as stupid to say the least.
Posted By: delta6 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 7:15am
you forgot this bit dave h:

NO NO NO.
Posted By: Davefabo Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 2:12pm
Driving around today doing shopping and other chores I noticed that the several petrol stations I passed seemed to be returning to normal, the one at the top of Sparks Lane Thingwall and at Tesco Bidston for example.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 2:32pm
That's because everyone's driving around with full tanks.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 3:04pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
If you want to fix up old houses, fix roads etc. you stay in civvy street, you don't join up. The tanker driving bit is a proper national requirement to stop the whole shebang coming to a standstill and dave is right, it won't only be army it'll be crab fats and stokers as well, maybe the odd booty or two as well. Calm down, calm down, it'll get sorted one way or the other.

definately bootnecks doing, names r in frames lol
Posted By: dave_h Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 3:06pm
Originally Posted by delta6
you forgot this bit dave h:

NO NO NO.

and the invitation to come address the lads on how they should be fitting in fixing potholes and doing up shit holes of houses along with other duties
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 5:15pm
Thisafternoon, out of necessity, I queued up at the garage at the main roundabout in Mold as I has 5 miles Left on the range.......there was only 1 Diesel pump on and I paid 1.50 per litre for the stuff.

This panic buying is a headache , The more you panic buy, the less fuel there is. The less fuel there is, the more valuable it becomes..... Pack it in ffs.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 6:55pm
a good quote from a soldier "Tanker drivers, £40,000 to £45,000 a Year, Troops fighting in Afghanistan £17,000 to £25,000- Do OUR job B4 U strike and RELY on US to COVER"
Posted By: Wench Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 7:29pm
withthat

I don't know why people are panic buying - no dates have been given and they have to give a minimum of a weeks notice anyway!!

Nobody seems to be panic buying pasties & sausage rolls raftl
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 7:40pm
Lol laird street where I am now £20 limit to each car lol
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 7:41pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Nobody seems to be panic buying pasties & sausage rolls raftl

Or 1st class stamps either. grin
Posted By: PaulH Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 7:41pm
ASE71, you asked if the driver was a member of unite, he drove for the principle haulage contractor out of Stanlow. No names,as it happens i don't know the guys name. I assume that he is a union member, i help maintain the vehicles that work there. I've no axe to grind with anyone, i was surprised as until Sunday we had no idea this was on the horizon. We normally get some advance notification, for example during the recent fuel protests. If and when that happens i will post it here. Past experience leads me to the conclusion that supplies will be restricted. Please don't stockpile the stuff, google Buncefield for an idea of how badly things can go wrong even in suposedly closeley controlled conditions.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 9:25pm
Originally Posted by ASE71
...UNITE has balloted and the vote results were in favour of a strike. This is because 12 members failed to vote and these were included as votes "FOR" not "AGAINST".
FFS, no-one picks up on this? How the heck is that OK, with anyone? Sheesh...

Imagine if we did that at the General Election, say the current party in power gets to count all non-voters as voting for them? Hmmmm.... fascinating things, Trade Onions and their voting arrangements!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 9:36pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Clive Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 9:46pm
For sale: one litre of petrol. Will accept two first class stamps or a Greggs pasty.
Posted By: Brocks Re: Panic buying Fuel - 29th Mar 2012 10:14pm
I'm in Plymouth at the moment....the panic has hit here. I'm due to drive home tomorrow and the hire car is half full....just enough to get home provided the holiday getaway isn't too bad.
Posted By: tedmus Re: Panic buying Fuel - 30th Mar 2012 7:37am
Heard a few stories of people having petrol stolen out of their cars, noticed a bit of a scratch on my car last night but didn't think much of it (old runabout tbf) and it didn't really dawn on me where on the car it was. It was only when I heard Snelly on the radio this morning saying that he had had his nicked that I twigged, checked the filler flap when I got to work and sure enough some retard has tried to prise it open, must have been overnight on Wednesday.
Going to reverse the car onto the drive from now on and try to angle it so the filler flap is blocked in by the wall. mad
Posted By: Nigel Re: Panic buying Fuel - 30th Mar 2012 9:22am
Originally Posted by Willo
For sale: one litre of petrol. Will accept two first class stamps or a Greggs pasty.

Mind you they say the drivers get about £45000 PA, ile do it for £35000 !
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Panic buying Fuel - 30th Mar 2012 9:33am
Originally Posted by Nigel
[quote=Willo]For sale: one litre of petrol. Will accept two first class stamps or a Greggs pasty.

Mind you they say the drivers get about £45000 PA, ile do it for £35000 !
sounds frightnening when you put it like that lol
Posted By: SpinADisc Re: Panic buying Fuel - 30th Mar 2012 11:38am
An Easter Strike has now been ruled out by the Unions.

Read the story here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17558294

Looks like wasted time all that queuing and panic buying!
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Panic buying Fuel - 30th Mar 2012 11:56am
Lol, so does anyone feel like a fool queueing for an hour - particularly if you paid extra at any stations which put up the cost?!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Panic buying Fuel - 30th Mar 2012 12:02pm
raftl

I scrapped the shell of a saab 9-5 the other day and just used the fuel from that laugh

Picked a car up from the auction before and noticed most of the petrol stations were rather busy in liverpool confused
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Panic buying Fuel - 30th Mar 2012 1:00pm
Nice little booster to the goverment books, end of Tax year soon, would never have seen that coming
Posted By: Stegga Re: Panic buying Fuel - 31st Mar 2012 1:00pm
Anyone know what the situation is locally with petrol stocks? Has it eased at all or is it still panic stations?
Posted By: Nigel Re: Panic buying Fuel - 2nd Apr 2012 7:11am
I expect there will be a "Flash strike" before Easter - Just my instinct.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Panic buying Fuel - 2nd Apr 2012 7:19am
Originally Posted by Nigel
I expect there will be a "Flash strike" before Easter - Just my instinct.

Great, last week couldn't get any diesel and this week I can't clean the kitchen seeyu
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Panic buying Fuel - 2nd Apr 2012 9:18am
I cleaned the kitchen floor on saturday so i should be ok till after the strike. On a serious note, they have to give 7 days notice before any strike.
Posted By: Wench Re: Panic buying Fuel - 2nd Apr 2012 10:06am
Rumour has it that the Fire Brigade are considering strike action too - are people going to panic burn their houses down smack
Posted By: Nigel Re: Panic buying Fuel - 2nd Apr 2012 1:33pm
What about a "pay as you go" Fire service, it will reduce the council tax by 4% (ish) surely?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral