Forums
Posted By: Mogzie Over 60s Bus Pass - 26th Mar 2012 8:57pm
I applied for my local bus pass just before my 60th birthday last year. On handing photo and completed form to the temporary office outside the Argos in Birkenhead I was told that it would be posted out to me. Now - 10 months later - I called into the office next to the market and was told that it was just sitting there and hadn't been printed! If I hadn't have called in I would still be waiting for it. Granted I have it now but what a load of idiots for just leaving it sitting there! 'Can't get the staff these days'!!!!
Posted By: diana45 Re: Over 60s Bus Pass - 26th Mar 2012 9:56pm
i did mine at post office and only waited five days for it to come through post and renewal is always here before old one runs out it certainly gets me about as the fares are so expensive its great i hope it gets you about diana 45
Posted By: chris7777 Re: Over 60s Bus Pass - 27th Mar 2012 8:34pm
i applied for mine last year at the bus station in Birkenhead, and it was posted to me in time for my 60th, it's great, gets me out and about, i've even been on the Ferry with it!! i feel as tho i've been set free!!!!
Posted By: Mogzie Re: Over 60s Bus Pass - 28th Mar 2012 7:31pm
Looks like I got the 'second class' staff smile Glad to have my pass now and I have already used it. Don't forget that you can use it on the trains too - handy for shopping in Liverpool. I get my eyes tested over in Liverpool so it will definitely come in handy! Thanks to diana45 & chris777 for replying.
Posted By: Mogzie Re: Over 60s Bus Pass - 28th Mar 2012 7:36pm
Just thought - with people panic buying all the petrol & diesel the bus pass may come in handy - the buses always seem to have fuel [maybe their own pumps].
© Wirral-Wikiwirral