Forums
Posted By: Samsamsam Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 15th Dec 2011 4:33pm
Anyone know of somewhere that replaces watch batteries at a reasonable price. My local Timpsons in West Kirby charges about £7.99, or £9.99 if you want a lifetime guarantee! All my watches have chosen now to go flat and it'll cost a fortune.

I know I can buy them myself and replace them, but there is always the chance that I ruin the back seal in doing that.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 15th Dec 2011 4:37pm
its just a rubber band in most of em. Did my casio and its fine.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 15th Dec 2011 4:41pm
Ive always replaced my own samsamsam
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 15th Dec 2011 4:53pm
There's a small jewellers in Birkenhead market do it for a couple of quid.
I do my own,get loads of different batteries 20 or so for a quid in poundland and other shops.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 15th Dec 2011 5:07pm
Birkenhead Market 3.50 for my Seiko
Posted By: Salmon Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 15th Dec 2011 5:24pm
Time Spot at Moreton Cross £3.
Posted By: philmch Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 15th Dec 2011 6:56pm
If you go to the Pound shop in Grange Rd Birkenhead, you can get a packet of about 20 button batteries for £1.

Very cheap if you can do the job yourself. I've done loads of them and it's pretty easy.
Posted By: neilhbb Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 16th Dec 2011 7:51am
The little Jewellers in The Crescent in West Kirby is pretty reasonable. Can't remember the price he charged me for a battery as its a couple of years ago but it was certainly cheaper than Timpsons!
Posted By: Samsamsam Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 16th Dec 2011 9:04am
Thanks all - thought Timpsons was a rip-off.

I work in a charity shop and every watch we get has a dud battery! We buy the poundland ones and fix the ones we can, but sometimes the backs don't go back on - in that case there's nothing lost, but I'd rather fork out £3 if it's my own watch - seriously cack-handed, me.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 16th Dec 2011 11:24am
Originally Posted by Samsamsam
Thanks all - thought Timpsons was a rip-off.

I work in a charity shop and every watch we get has a dud battery! We buy the poundland ones and fix the ones we can, but sometimes the backs don't go back on - in that case there's nothing lost, but I'd rather fork out £3 if it's my own watch - seriously cack-handed, me.
You're right about Timpsons being a rip-off.I went to the one in Liscard to have a Yale key cut,he said it was from a special lock and he would have to order a blank at a cost of £5 and it would take three weeks to arrive,no thanks says I.Walked over to the Cherry Tree centre and the chap there did one for me straight away for £1.50.And he was more pleasant.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 16th Dec 2011 3:37pm
There's a tiny little clock/watch repair shop more or less opposite the Oxfam shop in West Kirby - a little Aladdin's cave, it is. Would be worth checking it out. If you need a lot of watch batteries he might be able to do you a deal of some sort.
Posted By: Wench Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 16th Dec 2011 3:42pm
What a handy thread laugh I've got a watch that I love (Met Police Fingerprint Bureau smile ) but the battery's died. I might just pop over to West Kirby (if Mum has nothing better to do lol) and get it sorted.

laugh
Posted By: organised_chaos Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 17th Dec 2011 1:01pm
There's a watch repairers on Seaview Rd, Liscard, forgotten the name of it now but it's near/opposite the entrance to the car park on Seaview
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 17th Dec 2011 1:10pm
Originally Posted by organised_chaos
There's a watch repairers on Seaview Rd, Liscard, forgotten the name of it now but it's near/opposite the entrance to the car park on Seaview
Do you mean Watch Craft?
Posted By: Samsamsam Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 17th Dec 2011 1:22pm
Originally Posted by Greenwood
There's a tiny little clock/watch repair shop more or less opposite the Oxfam shop in West Kirby - a little Aladdin's cave, it is. Would be worth checking it out. If you need a lot of watch batteries he might be able to do you a deal of some sort.
I love this shop - I just didn't make the connection that they'd do batteries. They restored a friends clock, it was an original wooden railway clock that he dropped on the floor and smashed.
Originally Posted by Wench
What a handy thread laugh I've got a watch that I love (Met Police Fingerprint Bureau smile ) but the battery's died. I might just pop over to West Kirby (if Mum has nothing better to do lol) and get it sorted.
laugh
I'd certainly suggest trying them - my husband had a special watch (made in Germany) supplied by British Coal suitable for use underground (no sparks!). It was full of coal dust and the suppliers said to return it to them, they'd send it to Germany and clean it for £750 eek The wonderful watch shop did it for £40 in a fortnight. The only drawback is they couldn't provide a replacement seal so it's no longer guaranteed waterproof - but that's not a problem, and certainly not one worth £710.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 17th Dec 2011 2:48pm
just as well it didnt go back to germany cos if the ss got it who knows it might have said " we haf vays of making you tok " lol
Posted By: Samsamsam Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 17th Dec 2011 5:07pm
Originally Posted by reddragon
just as well it didnt go back to germany cos if the ss got it who knows it might have said " we haf vays of making you tok " lol

I shall walk away, very slowly, shaking my head in a kinda sad way, whilst giggling insanely grin
Posted By: salendersmith Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 23rd Dec 2016 9:51am
I have recently replaced batteries of Casio from Watch Repairs London and they had charged me $24 for that.
Posted By: casper Re: Battery for Watch - cheapish please! - 23rd Dec 2016 3:21pm
Originally Posted by organised_chaos

Give it a miss, went there had battery fitted, watch never worked properly, took it back he refitted the battery and mumbled something it never worked right after that, I think its called Elliots.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral