Forums
Posted By: Clive New Number to call police non emergenncy from Dec - 23rd Nov 2011 2:23pm
All information here
It is 101 for those who can't be bothered clicking the link.
Yer I heared this on the radio before, not a bad idea.
Calls to 101 (from both landlines and mobile networks) cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call, or how long you are on the phone

Well that's crap if your phone plan includes free minutes. I'll continue to use 0151 709 6010 smile
Originally Posted by polo_phil

Well that's crap if your phone plan includes free minutes. I'll continue to use 0151 709 6010 smile

Exactly!

Many landline call-plans include "free" minutes for geographical numbers, so if that applies, it is definitely better than being charged 15p!

On a similar theme, Merseytravel promote their travel-line telephone number as non-geographic, which can be quite expensive, especially from a mobile, as you normally have to wait to get connected. However, geographical number 0151 236 7676 works equally well. wink
Originally Posted by 24424m
Originally Posted by polo_phil

Exactly!

Many landline call-plans include "free" minutes for geographical numbers, so if that applies, it is definitely better than being charged 15p!

On a similar theme, Merseytravel promote their travel-line telephone number as non-geographic, which can be quite expensive, especially from a mobile, as you normally have to wait to get connected. However, geographical number 0151 236 7676 works equally well. wink

Yep... saynoto0870 has saved me many pennies over the years!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral