Forums
Posted By: uptonbaz car boot sale - 26th Oct 2011 5:36pm
can anybody reccommend a good local car boot sale
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: car boot sale - 26th Oct 2011 6:30pm
Originally Posted by uptonbaz
can anybody reccommend a good local car boot sale

Tranmere rovers, Sundays. Ask Kimpri1 (Joe) for details, he's your man.
Posted By: Edz1980 Re: car boot sale - 26th Oct 2011 7:00pm
If i'm not misstaken West Kirby football clb is having it's last one of this year on Sunday. The 1st one's at 8am and then they hold a new one at 2pm.
Posted By: kimpri Re: car boot sale - 26th Oct 2011 9:09pm
Tranmere rovers every sunday,
if your selling its £9 for cars and £15 for vans
Gates open 5am,

looking or buying its 30p entrance per person

joyride parking is free
opens
5 till 12ish smile
Posted By: TheDr Re: car boot sale - 26th Oct 2011 9:25pm
I've never understood the having the pay to see if you want to buy anything, as far as I know it's the only place that does it, although parking is free which does offset it a little.

When I went there years ago I always used to offer a £20 as entrance fee saying I had no change, got away with it for months smile and it was only 20p to get in then, I was just frugal (tight)
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: car boot sale - 26th Oct 2011 9:29pm
West Kirby charges entrance as well.
Posted By: kswinds Re: car boot sale - 27th Oct 2011 6:20pm
as for Tranmere charging money - i dont mind paying......if everyone else did - on many occasions i have seen people going infront of me and not paying , then I am being asked to pay - I say when the people in front pay, so will I
Posted By: yewgarth Re: car boot sale - 27th Oct 2011 6:27pm
Originally Posted by kswinds
as for Tranmere charging money - i dont mind paying......if everyone else did - on many occasions i have seen people going infront of me and not paying , then I am being asked to pay - I say when the people in front pay, so will I

that would be me!
Posted By: uptonbaz Re: car boot sale - 28th Oct 2011 8:45am
costco!Grange rd (its called car parking)
Originally Posted by TheDr
I've never understood the having the pay to see if you want to buy anything, as far as I know it's the only place that does it, although parking is free which does offset it a little.

When I went there years ago I always used to offer a £20 as entrance fee saying I had no change, got away with it for months smile and it was only 20p to get in then, I was just frugal (tight)
Posted By: TheDr Re: car boot sale - 28th Oct 2011 9:14am
Originally Posted by uptonbaz
costco!Grange rd (its called car parking)

Costco is membership they let you browse for free, you just have to be a member to buy anything.

Grange Road, well yes, you do pay to park your car, but even if you walk in to the car boot sale you are charged, so that would be like having a toll booth to walk past the shops on Grange Road smile
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: car boot sale - 28th Oct 2011 9:26am
would be like having a toll booth to walk past the shops on Grange Road smile

Dont give them ideas laugh

As for car boots, when does the Tranmere one open for buyers, I read further up 5am, or is that just for sellers?
Posted By: Clive Re: car boot sale - 28th Oct 2011 9:40am
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002
would be like having a toll booth to walk past the shops on Grange Road smile

Dont give them ideas laugh

As for car boots, when does the Tranmere one open for buyers, I read further up 5am, or is that just for sellers?
you can go in at 5 if you want.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral