Forums
Posted By: cmw2a Was it a fly-past? - 30th Sep 2011 12:23am
I looked out of the window this morning and saw two huge bomber-type planes flying down over the Mersey. Does anyone know what was going on please?
Posted By: davew3 Re: Was it a fly-past? - 30th Sep 2011 6:51am
Saw two American planes yesterday, wings near tip to tip on final approach to Liverpool with wheels down over Brimstage,maybe we have a visitor traversing the Irish sea and they have come to collect the post, unsual no but normally they use helicopters.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Was it a fly-past? - 30th Sep 2011 10:08am
Been hearing a few fighter jets over the past couple of weeks (yesterday included), they sound low. Just thought they were air show travelling.
Posted By: cmw2a Re: Was it a fly-past? - 30th Sep 2011 5:33pm
hmmm... thanks for that, I thought maybe the Labour Party Conference was being attacked grin
Posted By: nicky Re: Was it a fly-past? - 1st Oct 2011 2:33pm
Saw something like this on Monday as i was driving along the prom in New Brighton. Was very low and went straight across the river out towards Formby.
Posted By: yantodavid Re: Was it a fly-past? - 2nd Oct 2011 5:51pm
Believe it was Col Gaddaffi and family asking for asylum in Liverpool
Posted By: cmw2a Re: Was it a fly-past? - 2nd Oct 2011 7:46pm
grin Nice one!
Posted By: hoseman Re: Was it a fly-past? - 2nd Oct 2011 8:53pm
I know valley in North wales fly down the Mersey practicing low level manouvers mid week normally. They usually two fighters tho
Posted By: cmw2a Re: Was it a fly-past? - 2nd Oct 2011 9:29pm
mmm... they did look like fighter planes. Maybe that was what I saw then. Thanks for that. lamethrower
© Wirral-Wikiwirral