Forums
Posted By: MrBrightside Help Needed re Rental house - 24th Sep 2011 11:22am
Hi guys,

Wonder if any one could guide me. Im moving out of my rented house at the end of next month. The rental agency has been nothing but useless. We have been promised for over 6mths that work was going to be done. And this never happend. Im really disguseted the way i have been treated by them. The question is do i have to let potential tenents in to show them round?

They have called me about 20 times and im ignoring all the calls. I feel that when i wanted work to be completed they couldnt give 2 hoots and now they want somthing they are constanly pestering me. Help woould be great. Thanks wiki heads laugh
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Help Needed re Rental house - 24th Sep 2011 11:35am
Personally, I wouldn't help them. If they didnt for you, then dont for them.

It's like the situation I am in, in my house....the rain keeps coming through the ceiling, and has got to the point where the ceiling has started to fall apart... we rang and rang and rang, they came out once, and it didnt work, so rang and rang and rang....

now we are that fed up we dont ring anymore, if the ceileing caves through it's not our property...we move out for a few weeks whilst its being sorted but ultimately they pay the price for not doing it in the first place.

I would ignore the calls, and ignore everything, because at the end of the day, they can show people round when you have gone - saves you the stress and a job that they should be doing.
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Help Needed re Rental house - 24th Sep 2011 11:44am
Yea my thoughts exactly tbh. They have even put the to let sign up when i was out too. not too happy
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Help Needed re Rental house - 24th Sep 2011 11:45am
Check your tenancy - you may find that if you won't give them reasonable access then they can take it by letting themselves in. I could be talking out of my @rse but I would check anyway
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Help Needed re Rental house - 24th Sep 2011 11:46am
now that would hack me off if they did that.!!!!
Posted By: ickymicky Re: Help Needed re Rental house - 24th Sep 2011 12:00pm
If their aim is to get some one to move in as you're moving out this could cause potential problems.
If people can't get in to view the property they won't sign for a lease on it therefore meaning no one moving in as soon as you move out, thus causing loss of earning to "the company" leaving you liable to be sued for said loss of earnings.
As said by others, check your tenancy agreement. The one I have with my tenant requires me to give 48 hours notice.
It might be worth mentioning any faults with the property to the potential tenants so they don't get the same treatment as yourself.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Help Needed re Rental house - 24th Sep 2011 1:05pm
If you have a deposit at the beginning of your tenancy they may refuse to refund if you don't abide by the agreement.

When in a bad spot more often than not it is time to just move on.

I hope your new place is everything you wished for.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Help Needed re Rental house - 24th Sep 2011 1:18pm
I wouldnt let them in, they havent helped you so why help them? I had a similar problem in my previous house and i refused to show any one round, nothing happened just moved out and got deposit back, that was with a well known estate agent in liscard also
Posted By: NewBrighton Re: Help Needed re Rental house - 25th Sep 2011 8:27am
Here's a couple of links to sites that might help.

Move channel says if the rent agreement has a clause written in to it then you have to abide.

/www.themovechannel.com/guides/Letting/Being_a_landlord/Landlord_and_tenant_rights/

Tenants Agreement Service has all sorts of info

www.tenancyagreementservice.co.uk/

Info about getting your deposit back, your deposit should be protected

www.depositprotection.com/

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Help Needed re Rental house - 25th Sep 2011 9:12am
I cannot believe I have read this.
No! Plain and simple. In fact I'm pretty shocked they expect you to show potential tenants around especially whilst your still the tenant there.

Of all the cheek! omg
Posted By: rocks Re: Help Needed re Rental house - 25th Sep 2011 9:23am
id let them in so you can tell any possible new tenent to look else where and steer clear!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral