Forums
Posted By: red40 Neglectful landlords in Wirral fined - 17th Aug 2011 7:18pm
I was browsing the council pages earlier and came across this report

ANybody know which building in Grove Road it is? Spoke to a very helpful guy there this afternoon trying to find out which it was...........out of curiousity really, ok I was being nosey.

Anyway whilst I was talking to him, he said the council have a specific section that deals purely with houses in multiple occupation (bedsits, shared houses, self contained flats, etc) and they are very proactive on improving the living standards in these places. So if anybody wants to contact them, he gave me this number 691-8156.

Hope that is useful information for somebody.
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Neglectful landlords in Wirral fined - 17th Aug 2011 7:21pm
Very interesting, some Landlords are absolute shits.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Neglectful landlords in Wirral fined - 17th Aug 2011 7:23pm
Thanks. I know someone who would appreciate this number.
Posted By: Volly Re: Neglectful landlords in Wirral fined - 17th Aug 2011 9:14pm
wish i knew this before last weekend.

i was hassling my landlord for months to do the work he promised when i moved in ( 12 months ago ).

despite numerous phone calls, letters, requests e.t.c. i just kept getting told it would be sorted.

the whole place was an absolute bomb site when i moved in - needed completely redecorating, new carpets, plastering around the new sky-lite where there was just open gaps to the roof ( bloody cold in winter ) added to the fact the radiators did not work, the entrance door was rotten, the kitchen was falling apart.

all of these jobs were promised to be taken care of within a month or so of me moving in but non of which have yet been done.

i skipped july's rent after 10 months of waiting and also august's didn't get paid either.

i have now moved and no doubt will be chased or taken to court e.t.c. for the 2 months rent that i owe but if the work was done, it wouldn't have been a problem.

just wish i'd known about this before last weekend, lol.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Neglectful landlords in Wirral fined - 17th Aug 2011 10:33pm
good info this, cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral