Forums
Posted By: gemgem87 Burglaries, King Street/Rocket Ronnie's area - 7th Aug 2011 11:22pm
Just wondering if anyone has heard of a spate of burglaries/robberies which have happened in the area recently? My neighbour tells me that a few houses have been robbed, and that people have been robbed at knife point out on the street. It's got me quite worried tbh!
I'm only asking as I've not seen anything in the forums, and my neighbour has a habit of "exaggerating" things shall we say (she told me her partner's face was slashed by this robber the night before whilst he was stood behind her, not a scratch on him lol).
Like I said though, it's gotten me quite concerned as I live in the area and hate to think it's become so unsafe frown
There were a couple last week on Park Road North, but then again their neighbour with the motorbike does leave the jigger security gate open. The mind boggles.
Posted By: paulw Re: Burglaries, King Street/Rocket Ronnie's area - 8th Aug 2011 12:24pm
There were a couple of burglaries around Falkland road last month (off Brighton Street)

You can actually check the burglary/crime statistics in your area if you look at www.police.uk and type in your postcode and look at crime maps, it gives a breakdown of crimes that were reported/commited to the police on a monthly basis.

Whether it will put your mind at ease is another matter!
Thanks Paul, think I will check it out. You are right though, about it putting my mind at rest, but at least if I know there has been a surge in burglaries recently I can take extra precautions. Like get a big massive rottweiler lol smile
Posted By: dan0h Re: Burglaries, King Street/Rocket Ronnie's area - 8th Aug 2011 6:36pm
What you also need to balance out GemGem, is that while crime statistics make for scary reading, the reality is that more crimes are spotted and recorded, crime is probably about the same or less than its always been, but with mass media and readily available communication devices in everyones pockets, more gets reported smile

IMHO.
Yeah, it can be a double edged sword being able to find out so readily what is happening in your area, me personally though I would rather know whats happening.... ignorance is definitely not bliss for me lol!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral