Forums
Posted By: Wench New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 3:55pm
A bit of a pre-emptive strike to save all the "there's something kicking off in New Brighton", "anyone know what's going on down in New Brighton" posts.

Tonight between 19:00-22:00 MFRS (Mersey Fire and Rescue Service) will be training in New Brighton, so don't be alarmed if you see lots of Fire Engines, boats and a helicopter. There's nothing amiss, it's nothing for the "Tin Foil Hat Brigade" to worry about and it's nothing to worry about.

That is all grin
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 3:57pm
Thanks Wench,that will save alot of stress and reaching for the pills!Lol
Posted By: yewgarth Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 4:12pm
so what your saying wench is theres nothing to worry about? raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 4:18pm
Bezzy - carry on with the pills my lovely, they make the world a prettier place raftl

Nothing at all Yewgarth. Nothing to see here....move along please seeyu raftl
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 4:18pm
Oh god is that, there is something to worry about???
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 4:20pm
Sorry posted too late!

Put the pills back Mr Bezzy,false alarm!
Posted By: McBAIN Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 5:18pm
can anybody tell me were to get a tin foil hat please wink
Posted By: Steve123 Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 5:34pm
Think I'll go an watch and have a laugh, they will never be as good as the rnli....the government go on about spending cuts and they happly pay full time fire man to sit there on 24hour standby when there's a free lifeboat that's ready 24/7 and do the job better
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 5:53pm
cool i was ment to be boating there later lol

Thanks for info xx
Posted By: Wench Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 8:37pm
I got back at about 20:30 as I'd seen nothing but I've heard the helo going over and round so I guess I came home too soon frown Ah well, I'll get them next time smile Got some nice shots of the jet skiers though.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 8:38pm
Is that no panic then?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 9:00pm
The chopper 'rescued' someone from the river at Seacombe Ferry. Interesting to watch.
Posted By: Wench Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 9:09pm
Gutted frown Any pics Rude?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 9:12pm
Sorry Wench, no frown
Posted By: lemonhead Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 13th Jul 2011 9:15pm
i was down there last night, and there was cameras down there, dont know what for, i parked up in the space port car park, and they where there, maybe they where there a day to early

sorry there are a lot of theres in there
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 4:30pm
Wench did you get the day wrong?There's a lot of ner,ners about,just reaching for my pills!
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 4:36pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead
i was down there last night, and there was cameras down there, dont know what for, i parked up in the space port car park, and they where there, maybe they where there a day to early

sorry there are a lot of theres in there

brian may was there thats what the cameras were for
Posted By: torryman Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 4:45pm
did anybody see Brian May there...or is it just rumoured?
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 4:52pm
Originally Posted by torryman
did anybody see Brian May there...or is it just rumoured?

its on the wirral globe site, bet he wont be coming back anytime soon after seeing secombe haha. i live 10 mins away from spaceport and still never been
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 5:04pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
There's a lot of ner,ners about

Thats New Brighton for ya!
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 6:08pm
I passed 2 ambulance cars and 1 ambulance tonighteastbound M53 just after 4.30 then 2 more on the Barnston road around 5.30 all with blues and twos going.
Posted By: bazzoh Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 6:48pm
i took some pictures (from a distance!) http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazzoh/sets/72157627194935654/
Posted By: Wench Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 6:59pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Wench did you get the day wrong?There's a lot of ner,ners about,just reaching for my pills!

No, it definitely said yesterday evening. I heard a lot before though but that wasn't training no

Gutted I missed the Sea King - was that last night or today?
Posted By: bazzoh Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 7:00pm
last night i took the shots - the little red boat is marine fire 1 - merseyside fire & rescue's boat
Posted By: Wench Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 7:04pm
I got home at about 20:15 as I'd been out since 19:00 and the leg was swelling & seizing up. I could hear a helo as I was coming up my stairs - If I'd heard it properly I'd have said fook the leg, I'm going back out raftl
Posted By: bazzoh Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 7:15pm
well, as you can see from the images, the sea king was flying pretty low up and down the river - pretty impressive flying!
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 7:37pm
Originally Posted by bazzoh
well, as you can see from the images, the sea king was flying pretty low up and down the river - pretty impressive flying!

I think myself and the girlfriend walked past you when you where taking them. Where you with your mate both of you with bikes?, early 20s?, one with ginger hair?.
Posted By: bazzoh Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 14th Jul 2011 9:46pm
no that wasnt me - ive got no hair let alone ginger hair! i was with my son in the car
Posted By: DavidB Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 15th Jul 2011 12:33am
i took some pictures (from a distance!) http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazzoh/sets/72157627194935654/

That first pic is excellent!
Posted By: bazzoh Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 15th Jul 2011 9:29am
Originally Posted by DavidB

That first pic is excellent!

thanks davidb!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 15th Jul 2011 10:51am

loved the pics. especially the first one smile
Posted By: Snickas Re: New Brighton this evening.... - 15th Jul 2011 10:51am
whats sad is that they're closing our Liverpools coastguard base at Crosby thumbsdown

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-14155774
© Wirral-Wikiwirral