Forums
Posted By: Bezzymate Windows - 13th Jul 2011 2:40pm
Can anyone recommend a company to fit new windows please as I don't know where to start.
Thankyou
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Windows - 13th Jul 2011 2:43pm
Bigabyte in Rock Ferry (soz - couldn't resist) wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Windows - 13th Jul 2011 2:45pm
We got the full house done back in Sept - Prenton Glass where the most competitive we could find smile
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Windows - 13th Jul 2011 2:46pm
dunnoAs I was typing I thought 'is this in the right section'!
Thanks DD I will keep them in mind if I need that sort of Windows.Lol
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Windows - 13th Jul 2011 2:48pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
We got the full house done back in Sept - Prenton Glass where the most competitive we could find smile
I take it you are pleased with them Stuy?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Windows - 13th Jul 2011 2:51pm
Yeah, they seem good quality windows and doors, and we certainly felt the difference over the winter!

They took all the old windows and doors away, left no mess and fitted a cat flap I supplied for nothing whilst they did the job - took them about a day and a half to do the whole house.

The doors did drop a little, but I gave them a call and they came out later in the week and adjusted them smile
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Windows - 13th Jul 2011 2:55pm
Sounds good to me.Oh 'one last question'as Columbo would say,what about their sales,do they stay for hours?
Posted By: little_pob Re: Windows - 13th Jul 2011 3:00pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Sounds good to me.Oh 'one last question'as Columbo would say,what about their sales,do they stay for hours?
Remember that if you invite them round for a sales pitch and sign a contract you don't get the cooling off period that you would if would from a "cold called" or doorstep sale.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Windows - 13th Jul 2011 3:01pm
I used wholesale windows in the end,got a quote from a few out of the local paper,they were not the cheapest,sales rep was great not pushy like some.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Windows - 13th Jul 2011 3:01pm
I got quite a few quotes and got the speil from lots of others before - I think he was here for about 45mins, but most of that was selecting what doors / window types I wanted.

They beat my best quote, by £150.

Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Windows - 13th Jul 2011 3:05pm
Thanks Stuy,that's really helpful.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Windows - 13th Jul 2011 3:06pm
Originally Posted by poodlepup
I used wholesale windows in the end,got a quote from a few out of the local paper,they were not the cheapest,sales rep was great not pushy like some.
Thanks PP,was this for a house or boat.Lol
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Windows - 13th Jul 2011 3:12pm
no for house,the showroom is in Bromborough,check out different locks handles and different window openings,i got the ones that have a funny hinge so you can turn the opening window around for easy cleaning.
Posted By: Magicmel Re: Windows - 14th Jul 2011 10:19am
Try P n w Windows on 0151 652 1851
Posted By: mb2496 Re: Windows - 17th Jul 2011 4:15pm
Originally Posted by little_pob
Remember that if you invite them round for a sales pitch and sign a contract you don't get the cooling off period that you would if would from a "cold called" or doorstep sale.

Yes you do - the law changed in 2008. It no longer matters if the trader cold called or was invited by the home owner. Whether somebody has a 7 day cooling off period depends on where the contract is concluded.

If the contract is concluded at your home (or your place of work) you do get a statutory 7 day cooling off period.

If a trader visits your home (invited or not), measures up and later sends a quote in the post/email/telephone, you don't get a statutory 7 day cooling off period.

It is important to remember that the trader must give you a written notice of your right to cancel at the time the contract is concluded. If they don't, the contract is deemed to be 'unenforceable' in the eyes of the law.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Windows - 17th Jul 2011 5:53pm
hi try on line roofing the guy is called neil .07985160811 just say paul from chestnut gave you his number.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral