Forums
Posted By: toffeehater Church Rd Tranmere regeneration - 27th May 2011 1:14pm
Hi.
I live away from birkenhead now. Was just wondering where the regeneration of Church Rd area is uoto. Was back home a few weeks back and it all looked very depressing. Surely there is a new plan for when the work on new housing and shops will start?
Any info would be appreciated
Posted By: Wheels Re: Church Rd Tranmere regeneration - 27th May 2011 1:19pm
They knocked down a load of shops oposite the Co Op and filled in the basements with the rubble. Not much else has been done on that road Apart from the new St caths building (it's ahead of schedule apparently). They did plant 1 or 2 trees tho.
Posted By: toffeehater Re: Church Rd Tranmere regeneration - 28th May 2011 10:13am
........and the community and area just dies. Very sad
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Church Rd Tranmere regeneration - 28th May 2011 12:11pm
Just been up there to the butchers to get a Tbone, shut down. Another local shop gone to the wall. Had to go to New Ferry.
Anyone know of decent local butchers in Birkenhead? I live by Duke Street so the nearer the better obviously.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Church Rd Tranmere regeneration - 28th May 2011 2:22pm
Until the wife gets back, i know of one in Oxton village thats good, at least thats what I'm told, Adams, next to the pub car park, don't know what the pub is called these days, used to be the Talbot.
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Church Rd Tranmere regeneration - 28th May 2011 3:56pm
the butchers on church road was not shut down yesterday because i was in there but it is very unusual for him to be closed
Posted By: Wheels Re: Church Rd Tranmere regeneration - 28th May 2011 3:59pm
hmmm.. I'll pop round later to check.
Posted By: suey30 Re: Church Rd Tranmere regeneration - 28th May 2011 5:08pm
hi hubby just been up there and he was open.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Church Rd Tranmere regeneration - 29th May 2011 8:14am
strange, he must have had a lie in. Fancy being shut at 10am on a Saturday morning. Teach me to jump to conclusions.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Church Rd Tranmere regeneration - 11th Sep 2011 7:03pm
I went passed the butchers yesterday on Church Road and he was open till at least 9pm. Seemed to be doing a brisk trade too.
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Church Rd Tranmere regeneration - 11th Sep 2011 11:07pm
My nan lives around there and she said the Co-op is to build a new stand alone store a bit down the road from where it is now.
Posted By: The_Monk Re: Church Rd Tranmere regeneration - 12th Sep 2011 12:20am
Originally Posted by toffeehater
........and the community and area just dies. Very sad

i will try and get some pictures for you tomorrow so you can see.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral