Forums
Posted By: Anonymous William and Kate can ride Merseyrail for free - 28th Apr 2011 6:26am
Ha Ha, What next:

To celebrate the royal wedding on Friday Merseyrail will give passengers called Kate or William free travel across the whole network for the day.

To travel free, passengers will need to produce a form of photo identification confirming their first name for eligibility at a Merseyrail ticket office where a free ticket will be issued.

Tickets must be bought from a ticket office before travelling as it cannot be issued on the train.

Bart Schmeink, Merseyrail’s managing director, said: “Giving every Kate and William on Merseyside free travel on the Merseyrail network is our way of celebrating the event.

"On such a special day, we want to make every Kate and William feel like royalty.”

Apparently acceptable variations of the names are Kate: Katie, Catherine, Kathryn. William: Will, Willy, Bill, Billy.

Unfortunately though, Merseyrail will be running a reduced Saturday service on the big day.

Posted By: davew3 Re: William and Kate can ride Merseyrail for free - 28th Apr 2011 6:53am
I would have thought doing that would be caught by one of Liebores 3000 laws or political correctness or one of the ism's or doesn't conform with diversity.
Source

I thought this was a joke until I went on the Merseyfail website...
Ridiculous!!
Posted By: LilJen Re: William and Kate can ride Merseyrail for free - 28th Apr 2011 11:05am
what the actual f**k
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: William and Kate can ride Merseyrail for free - 28th Apr 2011 12:43pm
Eh? madness, makes a change from giving out flip flops on ladies day though i suppose
Unfortunately though, Merseyrail will be running a reduced Saturday service on the big day.

THOUGHT THE BIG DAY WAS FRIDAY :S
I think they mean they are running a Saturday service on Friday, which is reduced in comparison to the regular weekday service. This is because Friday is a bank holiday.

smile
oh right lol thankss
Posted By: Anonymous Re: William and Kate can ride Merseyrail for free - 28th Apr 2011 2:08pm
The only time my name is of any financial use to me and I have nowhere to go!!!!
Posted By: bert1 Re: William and Kate can ride Merseyrail for free - 28th Apr 2011 2:11pm
Originally Posted by CrocodileDundee
The only time my name is of any financial use to me and I have nowhere to go!!!!

Don't worry about it Kate.
Originally Posted by bert1

Don't worry about it Kate.
my sister said the same thing.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: William and Kate can ride Merseyrail for free - 28th Apr 2011 2:36pm
Damn it!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: William and Kate can ride Merseyrail for free - 28th Apr 2011 2:40pm
mad
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: William and Kate can ride Merseyrail for free - 28th Apr 2011 4:45pm
Originally Posted by Merseyrail
"On such a special day, we want to make every Kate and William feel like royalty.”
...and everyone else gets a reminder of just how common as muck they really are!!!

Sheer Brilliance!
I thought it was a nice idea......

Just goes to show how easily pleased I am...lol
I did too, gillnmick smile
OH FOR FOOKS SAKE!!!!
WOT A LOAD OF BOLLOX!!!!
Merseytravel....GET A GRIP!!!! waste of royal spaces the lot of em! (Royals and NOW Merseytravel!)
Cant wait for the revolution, i will be at the front guiding the royal noggins to the scaffold!!
Originally Posted by hoseman
OH FOR FOOKS SAKE!!!!
WOT A LOAD OF BOLLOX!!!!
Merseytravel....GET A GRIP!!!! waste of royal spaces the lot of em! (Royals and NOW Merseytravel!)
Cant wait for the revolution, i will be at the front guiding the royal noggins to the scaffold!!

Agree with you 100% about taking the parasites to the scaffold. But Merseytravel don't run the trains. It's Merseyrail.
Posted By: jimbob Re: William and Kate can ride Merseyrail for free - 28th Apr 2011 9:01pm
Hoseman, long wait for your Revolution, the only scaffold you will ever be in front of is the group {thats if there still performing}
They wont be singing "Lilly the Pink" when the royals swing!!! wink
Posted By: jimbob Re: William and Kate can ride Merseyrail for free - 29th Apr 2011 2:17pm
Dream on man
It would be more intresting if they said if your names diana you cant get on our trains for the day laugh
Roll on the Republic! I hope to see it in my lifetime.

Can't believe how much the BBC were kissing Royal bottom today. Would have been nice to see someone like Frankie Boyle doing the commentary today and not that odious little prig, Huw Edwards.
Posted By: PeteC Re: William and Kate can ride Merseyrail for free - 2nd May 2011 1:21pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone

Would have been nice to see someone like Frankie Boyle doing the commentary today

Brilliant.. I would have deffo watched it then.. makes me laugh just thinking about it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral