Forums
Posted By: hoseman HOOTON / GRIFFIN TRUST - 31st Jan 2011 11:08pm
I have just `volunteered` my company to help out at these charities.
I know enough people in the engineering/fabrication trade who wouldnt mind helping a couple of days a month.
I was taken around the site by Dave, ex vauxhalls employee. The work done on some of the vehicles on display is a labour of love. Some beautiful machines, even an original 1887 (i think was the date) horse drawn Birkenhead tram being close to finished. All signed up for Claughton/oxton circle!
I have initially offered to sort out the hydraulics on the sites recovery truck, then onto the fork truck that has never run properly for years!
If anyone is interested i will be putting up regular posts and updates, including open days and events.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: HOOTON / GRIFFIN TRUST - 31st Jan 2011 11:11pm
I don't think you will find that the Transport Club is anything to do with the Hooton Trust or Griffin Trust. They are just tenants on the site I think. I may be wrong.
Posted By: hoseman Re: HOOTON / GRIFFIN TRUST - 31st Jan 2011 11:13pm
No mate, they were doing maintenance on a building when i was there and explaining that they were moving into a bigger workshops etc! I may be wrong too. Watch this space.
Posted By: PaulH Re: HOOTON / GRIFFIN TRUST - 7th Jun 2011 8:52pm
I used to volunteer there too. Sadly all those exhibits will never be on public display.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral