Forums
Posted By: brady best place to go hunting (vermin) with an air gun - 30th Jan 2011 6:41pm
Hi guys,does anyone know of a decent place to go air rifle shooting, just vermin mind nothing else,
thanks
take care
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best place to go hunting (vermin) with an air gun - 30th Jan 2011 6:48pm
101 Rifle Club We are a friendly club located at Altcar Range Merseyside, we have a clubhouse with facilities on site. We shoot every Sunday with Target Rifle, F Class, TRF Class and Service Rifle. Club rifles and coaching are available. For more information view the website or contact the Club Secretary on 07838 179910. or try Aintree Pistol Club (Liverpool) We have one of the largest indoor ranges in the Northwest, we have three seperate ranges, two with eight firing points each and one with up to seventeen firing points. We offer facilities for smallbore rifle, pistol calibre carbines, black powder and long barrel pistol, archery and clay pigeon shooting. We aso have a large and comfortable club room.
Thanks zippy
i havent bought my rifle yet matey, but thinking of getting into it again, i used to have a Weihrauch HW80 with a 4-12x56 scope in the early-mid 90's but ill health put paid to that...thinking of getting a Weihrauch HW100 but i see it uses a gas bottle of some sort so i wouldn't have a clue where to get the bottles filled or how much it costs to fill....but thank you for that info ive put that phone number into my phone
take care zippy mate appretiate it
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best place to go hunting (vermin) with an air gun - 30th Jan 2011 7:02pm
anytime, here to help
I used to shoot rats in the Liverpool Dock warehouses many years ago.
I am also air'd up, and interested in getting back into it, I used to do a little competition shooting with an RWS Sig C225, still have my basic ol' Webley Excel Carbine (with crazy soviet Pilad scope, as used on the soviet Dragunov SVD sniper rifle!).

Might well give one of those clubs a call - good info Zippy smile

Failing that you can always fall back on NERF guns and use them indoors on unsuspecting victims!!

http://www.hasbro.com/nerf
I used to shoot with a .303, then an FN, then an SLR and then an SA80. Happy days. No, I am too young to have shot witha bow and arrow. just in case anyone is wondering.
Zippy, any chance of getting some pictures of the old HAA gunsite at Altcar sometime ???
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best place to go hunting (vermin) with an air - 31st Jan 2011 1:12pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Zippy, any chance of getting some pictures of the old HAA gunsite at Altcar sometime ???
no i can't as i just googled that then pasted it there lol coz some peeps can't use google smile
Originally Posted by summer01
personally don t like anything being killed .

Summer01
i dont mind killing vermin as they cause a lot of disease, rabbits ruin farm crops as do wood pigions rooks etc (ive only killed rats up to now), Sometimes killing is a must.....how else would people eat if nothing was killed....im looking forward to shooting off a few pellets at a gun club
just stating my opinion summer01
take care
Originally Posted by brady
keep it tp yourself then

Summer01
i dont mind killing vermin as they cause a lot of disease, rabbits ruin farm crops as do wood pigions rooks etc (ive only killed rats up to now), Sometimes killing is a must.....how else would people eat if nothing was killed....im looking forward to shooting off a few pellets at a gun club
take care

Why keep it to myself??? i asked a question on here, no one is forcing anyone to read it..the post concerns those who are interested, if people dont like reading stuff like this then they shouldn't read it and that way they have no need to comment
its just an intrest of mine
thanks
take care
Everyone's entitled to their opinion & is free to express it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best place to go hunting (vermin) with an air gun - 31st Jan 2011 2:03pm
come on play nice peeps group hug lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best place to go hunting (vermin) with an air gun - 31st Jan 2011 2:09pm
no let it be smile
keep it tp yourself then

Summer01
take care
brady, why should summer keep it to herself summer has the right to voice her opinions,
he will rpobally shoot me lol
he hasn't got a gun yet laugh
Think "keep it tp yourself then" was Summer's comment, kimpri.
thats ok kimpri means well i just don t like things being killed in cold blood let the fox kill the rabbit and the cat kill the bird but to shoot sorry can t accept that .
Careful Summer,don't rile someone with a blood lust!
I've never been one to go along with the excuse for killing because they are vermin, I'd rather people be honest and say they like the hunt and the kill. In my days of having a firearms permit and being a member of a gun club, at least the members there were honest enough to say they liked the kill and not hide behind, the need to be culled. Myself i got enough pleasure improving my ability to shoot by firing at targets, stationary or moving, never thought it very manly firing at animals, vermin or otherwise, might of thought otherwise if they could shoot back.
Originally Posted by bert1
I've never been one to go along with the excuse for killing because they are vermin, I'd rather people be honest and say they like the hunt and the kill. In my days of having a firearms permit and being a member of a gun club, at least the members there were honest enough to say they liked the kill and not hide behind, the need to be culled. Myself i got enough pleasure improving my ability to shoot by firing at targets, stationary or moving, never thought it very manly firing at animals, vermin or otherwise, might of thought otherwise if they could shoot back.
Succinctly put bert,couldn't agree more.
if you find anywhere mate let me know and i'll come with you.
got a decent webley tracker carbine setup which needs a run out.
Originally Posted by delta6
if you find anywhere mate let me know and i'll come with you.
got a decent webley tracker carbine setup which needs a run out.

will do mate
sorry summer01 i wasn't being nasty its not my way, if i offended you then im sorry but i used to shoot rats years ago, i never hunted in any way, i used to walk along the leeds lpool canal shooting rats...i had ducks swim past me as well as geese and gulls all of which i left alone...i was just after the rats...so if i have offended anyone im truly sorry
take care all
lol ok, it all just got out of hand, ill keep my opinions to myself in future lol
take care ok :o)
Rudebox with her trusty musket
Looks like shadow is waiting to see if she shoulder arms

Attached picture dawn soldier.3 .jpg
That was heavy that gun! flex
Originally Posted by kimpri1
[quote=summer01]personally don t like anything being killed .
keep it tp yourself then

Summer01
take care
brady, why should summer keep it to herself summer has the right to voice her opinions,[/quote] Sorry brady blush my apologies, PM sent to brady smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best place to go hunting (vermin) with an air gun - 31st Jan 2011 7:56pm
welcome to wiki brady, lets us know how you get on with them clubs
lol zippy...brady has been on awhile lol, we bought a great car off him beginning of the year...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best place to go hunting (vermin) with an air gun - 31st Jan 2011 8:55pm
I just seen that it had Newbeee under his name rocket lol
zippy u r a legend x
LOL thanks zippy mate, thanks rockqueen (hope the cars doing well..have you recieved your logbook yet
take care you 2
soz off topic but brady yeh lovin it and received it last week hun x
Great stuff...enjoy..x
What was it? An rs turbo?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best place to go hunting (vermin) with an air gun - 1st Feb 2011 7:19pm
rude great pic the guy behind you is that your bf ?
Originally Posted by zippy
rude great pic the guy behind you is that your bf ?
Run mate grin seeyu
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best place to go hunting (vermin) with an air - 1st Feb 2011 7:44pm
sorry, forever putting my foot in it x
raftl raftl raftl nay worries, zip grin
that is me (obv) and Shadow-Omega, from here- not my boyfriend-at last years Wirral History and Heritage Fair. We'd got chatting to a pair of War Enactment Enthusiasts. Theres a thread on here somewhere. laugh
lashs are you a farmer?

I doubt you are so you probably don't know anything about the vermin on farms that do destroy and contaminate crops already cut or not. You only have to search on YouTube for "Rat farm shoot" to see just how bad some places are.
Yes it has, crops cost money! Vermin will chew through containers and sacks spilling the crop on the floor. this = time + money + crop wasted & contaminated. There is no cover up!

You can't tell a Rat "oi stay off the crops" the only thing you can do is exterminate them. It's a nessesery evil.
My cat caught a rat. He had a great time
How would you like to get rid of the rats then?

Poison? A slow painful death?
Electric? A painful death that lasts 20seconds
Trap? A nice metal bar slamming into the rat bursting it's inside's and causing another painful slow death.
Tonys cammo,Saltney,have a 25m range
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best place to go hunting (vermin) with an air gun - 7th Jun 2011 6:11pm
Originally Posted by polo_phil
My cat caught a rat. He had a great time
shocked yes thats nature Phil isnt it , cats hunt mines does it , but if in the wild thats how they survive.
raftl I can't see it lasting very long, if your cat is out hunting mines raftl wink can I ask if she hunt land mines or coal mines raftl
Them sonar things are a load of crap! My neighbour bought one and had it up for 3 days before taking it back. I could bloody hear it at night and it was doing my head in. If humans can't here it why do some have PIR sensors turning it on and off ? Surely you can just leave it on...?... No cos they are crap and humans CAN hear it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not for all types of hunting.
Originally Posted by Wheels
Them sonar things are a load of crap! My neighbour bought one and had it up for 3 days before taking it back. I could bloody hear it at night and it was doing my head in. If humans can't here it why do some have PIR sensors turning it on and off ? Surely you can just leave it on...?... No cos they are crap and humans CAN hear it.

The correct frequencies are way outside the human range, but a faulty circuit design or a bit of cr@p in the transducer and you will get sub-harmonics which are audible.

The PIR concept is generally for battery models, the PIR can be very low current, the transducer though takes power.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best place to go hunting (vermin) with an air gun - 9th Jun 2011 8:24pm
I had one of them PIRs', made the baby cry all the time that it was up. took it down after a day or two.
I went to the shooting school at shotton today, very cool and friendly, only £5 for 2 hours with your own air rifle, think I might go this week smile anyone else want to go?
Gun club, at Column Road West Kirby, Grange Gun Club. All types of shooting including archery and air weapons.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral