Forums
Posted By: Michelle_Louise Clarence Pub Albion St, New Brighton - 24th Jan 2011 7:48pm
Hello

As a neighbour to this pub I've noticed that over the past couple of days its been closed. Today there have been signs put up saying all items of value have been removed. Does anyone have any news on the grapevine as to why its closed?

Only been in a few times but they did a nice Sunday lunch and seemed like a freindly place.

Michelle
Posted By: detsi Re: Clarence Pub Albion St, New Brighton - 24th Jan 2011 8:17pm
I do know that the management changed hands about twelve months ago, I think. The guy who did all the cooking left. And I've heard that the place was not so well frequented by the old regulars after that.
Shame really. Not too long ago we had the Clarence, the Albion and the Hotel Vic in Albion St. Now there are none.
Posted By: 8HBob Re: Clarence Pub Albion St, New Brighton - 24th Jan 2011 11:13pm
I've heard that the pub will reopen soon ,with Les the former manager running it.
Posted By: bambi18 Re: Clarence Pub Albion St, New Brighton - 13th Feb 2011 7:31pm
Thought Les and family moved to Spain ??
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Clarence Pub Albion St, New Brighton - 14th Feb 2011 10:41am
Shame to hear of another ale house closing. They're cutting their own throats though. I only went out on my own yesterday and it was 20 quid on just a few pints, take the lady out and it costs near 50 and then some big eats on top of that. Why is beer and pop dearer than petrol? On top of that I don't get as many miles to the gallon either.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral