Forums
Posted By: Petei123 Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 9:54am
Hi all,

I ordered some clothes off the internet on the 15th december with the view to have them by xmas, which they did on the 23rd, but i was at work so they left me a card saying i was out and they took the goods back to the depot.
Now ive lost the card! Ive tried to ring my local depot on the rossmore but no answer, and when i try and ring royal mail CS they " cant help me " because i dont have the reference number off that card.

Can anyone shine some light on this for me please?

Many thanks
Posted By: uptonbaz Re: Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 10:08am
go to the depot yours self with ID,they are very helpful
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 10:37am
Print off the internet receipt as well.
Posted By: Petei123 Re: Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 10:40am
The reciept i got from asos?
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 10:58am
I have had it where I paid for a next day delivery on tickets for tennis in London but they didn't turn up. so the following day i tried calling them but got no answer. I went to the depot at 6 in the morning as I had to set off for London to be there for lunch. the staff where very helpful and looked through and found them for me. make sure if they were bought on someone else's card or in their name, i.e. your wife, you take some ID for her too. I was lucky that they where in my sisters name as we got them from Ebay but I had a few letters and they where fine.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 11:06am
Originally Posted by Pete_306TD
The reciept i got from asos?

Don't know that one mate, just that when I get stuff from t'internet I make sure I get a confirmation email, with an order number etc. and print it off. I won't deal with a firm which doesn't state that it confirms orders, too many robbin' gits out there.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 11:16am
Just go down, they will find it for you!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 2:24pm
I've not had trouble when doing this, they're pretty informal about it. Take ID and they will get it for you.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 5:48pm
Originally Posted by DavidB
I've not had trouble when doing this, they're pretty informal about it. Take ID and they will get it for you.
yes thumbsup
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 6:17pm
Whenever I miss a delivery from Royal Mail they give you 3 working days to collect it before returning it to the sender. Good luck.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 8:09pm
Originally Posted by KevinFinity
Whenever I miss a delivery from Royal Mail they give you 3 working days to collect it before returning it to the sender. Good luck.
YERR thay do mate!
Posted By: Nigel Re: Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 8:43pm
Not very long that is it? Do they not state a longer time period to collect on the card they put through your door?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Royal mail - 30th Dec 2010 8:56pm
I had a card left on Christmas Eve. I can't remember when it said they would return it but I'm sure it was longer than 3 working days - although 3 WORKING days is about a week with all the Bank Holiday just now
Posted By: Upasaka Re: Royal mail - 1st Jan 2011 3:52pm
I agree with most here, mate. The rm delivery depot are very helpful. ID should be enough, along with your address and when it was originally delivered.

I have never had any hassle with them, always helpful and friendly :-)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral