Forums

Merseytravel
@Merseytravel Merseytravel
As the weather situation remains treacherous, Merseyrail will operate a "Saturday Service" on Monday 20/12/2010. www.merseyrail.org for info
thanks for the heads up softy!
I could find myself getting addicted to Twitter - lol
for up to date travel information tomorrow, call Travelline on 0871 200 2233. Open from 6am.
Posted By: zippy49 Re: Saturday Service on Monday for Mersey Travel - 19th Dec 2010 8:18pm
its a normal 15 minute service just 3 less trains on hooton line . just asked hubby about this topic because he works on railway
sound thanks!
Posted By: zippy49 Re: Saturday Service on Monday for Mersey Travel - 19th Dec 2010 8:28pm
its ok .no what a pain it can be when going to work he gets an ear bashing off me if my train late . HA!HA!
Originally Posted by son51
its ok .no what a pain it can be when going to work he gets an ear bashing off me if my train late . HA!HA!
lol laugh
Posted By: Stegga Re: Saturday Service on Monday for Mersey Travel - 20th Dec 2010 9:33am
He must get a lot of earbashing then ha ha
Originally Posted by son51
Merseytravel
Merseytravel Merseytravel
Due to mechanical impact of severe cold operator Arriva withdraw services by 2100 tonight. Merseyrail to run Sunday service tomorrow.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Sunday Service on Tuesday for Arriva - 20th Dec 2010 7:09pm
thanks again for the update softy!
Merseytravel Merseytravel
To help improve resilience in this cold snap, Merseyrail will be operating a Sunday Service (timetable) tomorrow. Check before you travel.
Anything about buses please, softy. In particular the 409 x
The 409s could struggle tomorrow and will probably miss out Sandy Lane and Claremount Road
Thanks Touchstone.
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX

Nothing specific except the Sunday service as it's an Arriva bus
Good Luck!
Merseyrail are running a 30 minute service tomorrow because the cold has been really messing up the trains. They are over 30 years old and are really showing their age. They are not due for renewal until at least 2015. It's very possible that this winter could see them off. If this happens then Merseyrail WILL shut down indefinitely!

It takes time to get new rolling stock delivered, train the drivers how to drive them and train the fitters how to repair them. This takes weeks. Due to underinvestment, privatisation and cost cutting our public transport network has deteriorated. This wouldn't have happened under British Rail.
thanks again 30 min lol not frown
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX

Nothing specific except the Sunday service as it's an Arriva bus
Good Luck!
Thanks. No 409 on a sunday! Shame.
For updates on Arriva buss specifically check this weblink tomorrow before you travel: http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/content.aspx?id=11536

And in general: http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/ is your best bet.
Thanks again smile
No probs. Hope the 409s are ok tomorrow
Bit dodgy getting round the area today, trains cancelled and buses not behaving. Them old Guy Arabs used to keep going no matter what. Prob is, it's too slippy to walk anywhere as well. Talk about snookered.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sunday Service on Tuesday Arrive & Mersey Trav - 21st Dec 2010 8:47pm
Sorry Bandy. The Daimlers with their fluid flywheels were the best. Start off in 3rd, let the converter do the work, no slip, minimum torque. Effortless start on the crapiest surface.

Leaving the inbound stop at the foot of Swan Hill with a full load sorted out the men from the boys when it was icy. There's a nice corpy Guy Arab in preservation somewhere, but I don't think a Daimler was ever saved. Boo-hoo ! Oh for one more ride ..................

Tight hold. Ding ding. Whine whine whine whine clunk etc..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral