Forums
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Integrated Dishwasher in cupboard - 12th Nov 2010 12:48pm
Firstly thanks to Bertieone for the help in my related thread about a dishwasher door.

I have set a 2nd thread as this although related is a completely different question.

The dishwasher I have seen (integrated) is 82cm high. This seems to be standard height for a dishwasher.
The worktop its going under is 87cm off the ground, again this seems to be standard height.
So with the dishwasher on the floor there would be a 5cm gap from the top of the dishwasher to the underside of the worktop.

The dishwasher needs a panel fitting to the front of the pull down door (so that it can match the rest of the kitchen). Most images on the internet of integrated dishwashers with doors fitted show the top of the panel to be in line with the top of the dishwasher door
Dishwasher with door panel fitted

If the dishwasher is sat on the floor this would leave a gap of 5cm between the top of the door and the worktop. However this doesnt seem to be the case. So is the dishwasher in the linked imaged fitted 'off' the floor, or are the cupboards around it built to suit the image?

Could really do with the help of a forum member that already has a fully integrated dishwasher installed in their kitchen so that they can tell me how they did it.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Integrated Dishwasher in cupboard - 12th Nov 2010 1:08pm
Obviously the door has to line up with the rest of the kitchen unit doors, when its in line with the top the bottom will follow suit proving the doors are the same size, most dishwashers i have come across have adjustable legs to allow you to hire to achieve this. Remember to put the heat reflector strip between the dishwasher and worktop.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Integrated Dishwasher in cupboard - 12th Nov 2010 1:11pm
Cheers.

Are the legs likely to be able to account for the 5cm gap though? It seems a hell of a lot. I know my integrated washing machine has adjustable legs, but there is still a huge gap between the top of the washing machine and the bottom of the worktop.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Integrated Dishwasher in cupboard - 12th Nov 2010 1:19pm
The way to do it, put the dishwasher in position and higher till you have the dishwasher door in line with the kitchen unit doors, if this can't be achieved because there is not enough adjustment on the legs, you will either have to put packing under the legs or fix the stainless steel door to stick up slightly from the dishwasher door. you may find that the door may be bigger than the dishwasher door its going on to, so allows a bit of play.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Integrated Dishwasher in cupboard - 12th Nov 2010 2:28pm
Thanks so much for the responses. Really grateful for the help.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral