Forums
Posted By: ema_lou Wedding Venues?? - 21st Aug 2010 7:37pm
Does anyone know how much it costs to hire sheldrakes and feed around 65 for daytime and buffet for around 100 in evening??? and does anyone know how you get hold of the manager there??? lol... any other similar venue ideas would otherwise be appreciated!! nothing overly expensive!! e.g. thornton manor!!! lol Thankyouuu smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wedding Venues?? - 21st Aug 2010 7:43pm
Sheldrakes - 0151 342 1556

Could try Heatherlands Court, Thurstaston 0151 648 1807

Or The Manor, Greasby 0151 677 7034
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Wedding Venues?? - 21st Aug 2010 9:44pm
Mention wedding and the price triples!
Posted By: ema_lou Re: Wedding Venues?? - 22nd Aug 2010 7:00pm
lol yup! £50 per person minimum!!!! ...i dont like all the guests that much!!! haha
Posted By: dave_g Re: Wedding Venues?? - 22nd Aug 2010 11:17pm
leasowe castle?its meant to be nice there.
Posted By: ema_lou Re: Wedding Venues?? - 23rd Aug 2010 12:32pm
thanks will have a look on their website now smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wedding Venues?? - 23rd Aug 2010 12:40pm
If you don't like them that much then why not the local Chippy !!! Far cheaper and better food then all this finger dips and sausage rolls!!
Posted By: chiccy Re: Wedding Venues?? - 25th Aug 2010 4:04pm
WHAT £50 pp..... thats got to be a joke surely oshocked
can u not get a cater in xxx ;-) x
Posted By: reddragon Re: Wedding Venues?? - 26th Aug 2010 9:03am
check out one of wiki members for your cake [email protected]
Posted By: JackieandMark Re: Wedding Venues?? - 26th Aug 2010 12:05pm
Hello

The lady above also does buffets with and without a chocolate fountain

[email protected]
Posted By: lansyp Re: Wedding Venues?? - 26th Aug 2010 12:12pm
try the royal oak but insist on the special menu not the wedding menu we done two meals for a tenner sound bad but absaloutly brilliant the room was small but good
Posted By: ema_lou Re: Wedding Venues?? - 28th Aug 2010 5:54pm
thank youuu!! smile
Posted By: sparky Re: Wedding Venues?? - 12th Oct 2010 10:29am
The Queens Royal in New Brighton do Weddings
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wedding Venues?? - 1st Mar 2011 9:27am
If you need top notch catering done properly, give me a shout, I booked him for my GF's birthday and it was much more than just a finger food buffet. Priced around £6 a head if I remember rightly.

Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 2:37pm
Also looking for wedding reception venues, only want the evening buffet though... Preferably something historical and with character. Currently looking at teh saddle club in prenton, you should take a look at this too...I'm not sure if its a little too small though, I have 100 guests. Any more ideas would be helpful.

xxx
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 4:25pm
Hillbark manor in royden, quality venue or Leasow castle, but the latter is a bit tatty inside

Posted By: Archaeo Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 4:28pm
go to Highfield Hall in Northrop. I got married there last year and it was incredible. Personal and friendly, and not too expensive.
Posted By: chris58 Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 4:37pm
Went to three weddings last year thornton hall - ok just wasn't impressed with way the wedding planner planned day, venue fine, food fine but bar dear. Leasowe castle a bit tatty but great wedding, food good, enjoyed wedding. Royden hall - 1/10 awful food, toilets disgusting, bar way too dear, venue overrated apart from nice gardens! Went to an evening reception at Hulme hall wasn't a bad venue, food ok.
Hope I haven't offended anyone!

Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 4:45pm
No offence taken mate although disagree with overrated venue remark, this is where tiger woods stayed during the open and we all know what he's like.

Agreed on Leasowe, was a tatty dive but cheap venue, cousin had a 21st there not so long back bar was extortinate

Try here

http://www.colehurst.co.uk/home.html

Aunty got married here few years ago, i'm looking at booking it for ours its only 2k for two nights and that includes guest accomodation, loads of history, interesting architecture and a minstrels gallery was like going back to the 1300's, well cool

Have a look D***s on all the local ones
Posted By: Geekus Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 4:59pm
Meols Hall 'Tithe Barn', near Southport? Very historic (12th century, I think?). May be a bit pricey but well worth checking out their website. Deffo has the wow factor.

Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 5:01pm

withthat

Good call Geekus and closer to home, one i'm looking at is Shropshire but worth the trek
Posted By: Geekus Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 5:09pm
...just twigged Nelzy.

Those 'snowfalls' you photographed in the churchyard must have been the ghosts of confetti past!!!

Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 5:13pm
Ahahaha nice one geekus

You've solved the case of the mystery orbs, you need to take up a job as a PI mate

raftl laffin
Posted By: chris58 Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 5:52pm
I should imagine hotel part nice I just wasn't keen on room wedding was in and staff were carrying food for the restaurant part across the car park. Didn't impress me. Bet hotel side spot on tho if tiger woods stayed there andhe is a fussy a**e!!! Some fantastic cars in car park way out of my price range LOL
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 5:56pm
Chris

I see where you are coming from, sounds abit mickey mouse that car park malarky. Only ever been in there once and Hotel is really tidy, your right on the car park aswell regularly see ferraris maseratis and the odd lambo there is also a new phantom roller up that neck of the woods a snip a 250,000 lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 6:14pm
I'd say discount Hillbark, I've seen what goes on behind the scenes!!
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 6:16pm
hahah whats this lid, do tell ? I'm intrigued now
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 6:20pm
I was once asked to funnel cheap cava into empty expensive bottles of champagne! This was then served to the guests on a 'per bottle' basis.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 6:22pm
robbin barstewards, just shows you think you get special treatment at these places and they are the worst offenders, deffo off my list lid, thanks for heads up
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 6:27pm
Some dozy silver service waiter also managed to spill some red wine on the brides dress at the top table!!

SShhh... that was me.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Wedding Venues?? - 2nd Mar 2011 6:32pm
boooooo no

Bet the bride was well impressed
Posted By: ema_lou Re: Wedding Venues?? - 5th Mar 2011 8:52pm
Thanks Alex!... Everything on hold at the minute though with 1 thing or another! Jenny what about hulme hall in port sunlight? X
Posted By: ema_lou Re: Wedding Venues?? - 5th Mar 2011 8:58pm
I'm so fussy! Haha. Suppose you have the right to be when spending so much money on ONE day! Agree with whats been said about Leasowe castle, Thornton hall etc. I feel alot of places are a bit 'tatty' looking!
Posted By: reddragon Re: Wedding Venues?? - 5th Mar 2011 11:15pm
plenty of space to park McDonalds in greasby easy menu lol
Posted By: sparky Re: Wedding Venues?? - 6th Mar 2011 2:52pm
There is also the Hollins Hey in New Brighton
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Wedding Venues?? - 7th Mar 2011 6:35pm
Me and My Fiancee are getting married @ warrington wolves rugby league ground ...
Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Wedding Venues?? - 4th Jul 2011 2:09pm
Hello,

I am looking for vedding venues atm.
So far I've looked at:

Leasowe Castle - I have to agree that this was quite shabby inside.

The Ship Hotel, Parkgate - This was gorgeous but way too small (food was delish).

We are now going to look at:
The grange country club, Thornton Hough
Brook Meadow, Childer Thornton
Woodcote House, Hooton
Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight.

If anyone has any comments on these venues it would be appreciated to hear your experiences. Also if anyone has any more venues that I could add to my list that would be appreciated also. I cannot afford Hillbark, Thornton hall etc.

Thanks x x x
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wedding Venues?? - 4th Jul 2011 2:10pm
The Grange is good.

Swerve Hillbark, honestly.

Hollins Hey is quite nice.

Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Wedding Venues?? - 4th Jul 2011 2:16pm
Thats in New Brighton aint it? Al take a look at that thanks x
Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Wedding Venues?? - 4th Jul 2011 2:41pm
Won't be going to the river hill. First I emailed them and asked about an evening buffet and they sent info for a day meal. Then I asked again about the evening and the guy asked for my number so I emailed and gave him it and said specifically not to phone me untill after 16.30 as I am in work. So he just phoned me, left a voicemail and rang again.

If they can't listen to what info you want, I can't see them listening to what you want doing on the day.

Rant over lol
Posted By: ema_lou Re: Wedding Venues?? - 4th Jul 2011 3:52pm
I found that with sheldrakes! None of the staff don't seem to be allowed/know how to answer any questions you have it has to be the manager you speak to... I gave up trying to get hold of her though! Everytime i phoned it was 'she's not in sorry'. Like you say thats not what you want for your big day! Lol
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Wedding Venues?? - 4th Jul 2011 3:55pm
What about The Grove House in Wallasey Village?
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Wedding Venues?? - 4th Jul 2011 4:24pm
Originally Posted by ema_lou
Does anyone know how much it costs to hire sheldrakes and feed around 65 for daytime and buffet for around 100 in evening??? and does anyone know how you get hold of the manager there??? lol... any other similar venue ideas would otherwise be appreciated!! nothing overly expensive!! e.g. thornton manor!!! lol Thankyouuu smile

Have been told that the Hotel at The Ellesmere Port Boat Museum is very good and inexpensive for wedding breakfast:www.hiellesmereport.com
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wedding Venues?? - 4th Jul 2011 7:35pm
Sounds like we need to start a Embarassing Moments at Weddings thread....
Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Wedding Venues?? - 5th Jul 2011 6:23pm
Added The grove and The Holiday Inn to my list to check out.

Yesterday I visited:
Woodcote - This was too small for my guests to fit in

Brook meadow - which was nice but too expensive

Inglewood manor - this was loverly and they do a buffet with bacon batches which I thought was cool.

The Grange Country Club - This was also very nice.

We are now looking at closer venues and going to weigh up the nicer ones with being closer to home. I have now added the Lauries and The Williamson Art Gallery and the heatherlands in Thurtstaston to my list, any reviews will be extremely appreciated.
Posted By: oitsnik Re: Wedding Venues?? - 5th Jul 2011 6:58pm
Jenny PM sent,Ive spoken to the owner of Sheldrakes,Ive PM.d you her mobile number,regards,Nick.
Posted By: Bench Re: Wedding Venues?? - 5th Jul 2011 7:02pm
Raby House in Neston is nice
Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Wedding Venues?? - 13th Jul 2011 5:31pm
The lauries was nice inside, not sure where i would take my photies outside (outside asda maybe lol)

The Grove House, Wallasey - was really nice and very clean and well kept, the owner even showed us around (nowhere for a band, but we are unsure if we are having one or not).

Hollins Hey - was very nice but a bit of a strange set out, I think this is set out more fr a posh sit down meal for a smaller number of people.

Ness Gardens - oh so pretty, however the room is too small to fit a dance floor. I think we are going to enquire about a gazebo though.

Heatherlands, thurstaston was nice inside and cheapish, a bit tatty outside, however we didn't get to see the gardens.

Williamson Art Gallery dont do weddings.
The Town Hall is getting done up but the guy can't promise it would be ready for 2013 frown

Still got to see Hulme Hall, Sheldrakes, Queens Royal Hotel, Shrewsbury Lodge Hotel and Craxton Wood Hotel. If anything I am getting experience in driving out of this hehee (only recently passed).

Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Wedding Venues?? - 13th Jul 2011 5:34pm
Tuffy - I just googled Raby House, doenst seem to be much info at all.
Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Wedding Venues?? - 6th Sep 2011 11:03am
Just to let you guys know we have now settled on Hulme Hall I think, the guy was really nice and helpful, the rooms are nice, its close by and there are lovely gardens outside to take photies in smile
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Wedding Venues?? - 6th Sep 2011 11:16am
Hulme hall is beautifull,you won't regreat it smile
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Wedding Venues?? - 6th Sep 2011 11:18am
The three stags.
Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Wedding Venues?? - 19th Sep 2011 8:22pm
:)Thanks x
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Wedding Venues?? - 19th Sep 2011 8:25pm
they're having a wedding open day at the village hotel soon.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral