Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Arriva 16+ travel ticket - 28th Apr 2010 3:35pm
16-22 yrs? Purchase an arriva 16+ photocard for £1 and be entitled to pay reduced bus fare . Can be used anytime, any day apart from nightbus.
Valid in merseyside and lancashire
0871 200 22 33 for application form laugh
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Arriva 16+ travel ticket - 28th Apr 2010 3:38pm
* valid for one year.

I believe a £1.90 fare will be about 85p with one of these cards! laugh
Posted By: TheDr Re: Arriva 16+ travel ticket - 29th Apr 2010 8:59am
Didn't know about this so gave them a call to see if it would work out better for my daughter and her travel plans.

It seems that the prices have changed a bit, you still pay £1 for the card, but it is £1.50 for basic fare, and you can't get this to reduce a return ticket it's single fare only.

If (like me) you don't want to call 087... numbers then dial 0151 522 2800 and they will put you through.

The application can be emailed or faxed to you as well, although you have to return it by post.

I wonder if I can still pass for 21 ?

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Arriva 16+ travel ticket - 29th Apr 2010 12:07pm
Thanks for that updated info. Its ideal for my daughter who dousn't travel 'enough' for a weekly pass. She would still save about £2 a week. Sending ìt off today. laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Arriva 16+ travel ticket - 29th Apr 2010 5:48pm
Why do they always limit these schemes for young or old people? Anything like this for normal-aged people?

Surely, they should be trying to entice drivers out of their cars and onto public transport, the horrific pricing does little to get me out of my car even though its a gas-guzzler and the price of petrol is at a record high, it still often works out cheaper to get places than on public transport.

The ages this covers are probably one of the lowest percentage rates of drivers, so most people will use public transport regardless of the scheme.

smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Arriva 16+ travel ticket - 29th Apr 2010 6:31pm
It cost us- 4 people- £4 to get to the pub, last week in a taxi. Would of cost £7.60 on the bus!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral