Forums
Posted By: mike1965 motability cars ...did you know? - 27th Feb 2010 8:38am
did you know that if you get dla higher rate and you didnt want to lease a carthat you can buy one on hp?our friend got a 2007 vauxhall zafira 7seater with a 3yr warranty for just £38 per week? and no credit checks-bought monday.collected fri...i dont know if its relevant but you never know ..we have the company details if required
Posted By: Waddi Re: motability cars ...did you know? - 27th Feb 2010 9:59am
With Motability you get;
  • Insurance included
  • Road Tax Included
  • MOT free due to in being a brand new car
  • free Services
  • free Repairs

Are they covered in the same way when buying the car on HP using the motability payments.
Posted By: shar215 Re: motability cars ...did you know? - 27th Feb 2010 3:00pm
none of the above is included on hp motability scheme.. has to come out of your own pocket .it can work out expensive if anything go,s wrong with car..specially if it dosnt pass its mot ..BUT YOU WILL STILL GET FREE ROAD TAX
Posted By: mike1965 Re: motability cars ...did you know? - 27th Feb 2010 5:38pm
hi, insurance isnt covered ,or services but mots are,tax is exempt anyway and at the end you own it which on contract hire you have nothing to show for that £7000 youve paid out ..and its only £39-not £49.10 that they want with no advance payments? is that good or what?
Posted By: mike1965 Re: motability cars ...did you know? - 27th Feb 2010 5:40pm
this particuar car came with 3yrs waranty and 3yrs mot test cover too!...just a thought.pass it on etc?
Posted By: Waddi Re: motability cars ...did you know? - 27th Feb 2010 9:35pm
Thanks for the advise, only asking because my Daughter turns 3 in May and is currently in reciept of higher rate DLA, so in theory should be entitled to the Motability scheme once she turns 3, we are currently waiting to hear.

Just considering options.

Our current thoughts are to lease either a Citreon C4 Picasso 5seater, a Nissan Qashqai or a new style Renualt Scenic 5 seater, all currently have nil advanced payment.

You say, with lease you have nothing to show for the outlay of £7k, but it is £7k that is being given to you by a charity, so you are no worse off really.
Posted By: Archaeo Re: motability cars ...did you know? - 5th Apr 2010 6:30pm
It's not being given by a charity, it's been funded by the taxpayer.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: motability cars ...did you know? - 5th Apr 2010 6:46pm
£38 a week? Are you sure?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: motability cars ...did you know? - 5th Apr 2010 6:55pm
Yes £38 pw. but you have to be registered disabled or have a family member who needs transport.

Some cars you have to pay upfront payments, in some cases near £1000 right upto £10k for posh Audi's (you don't get that back) Thats mainly for more disirable cars.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: motability cars ...did you know? - 5th Apr 2010 6:58pm
i assume that 38 is paid for you? or is that out of your pocket?
Posted By: DavidB Re: motability cars ...did you know? - 5th Apr 2010 8:15pm
Know a couple of people whose mother/father have got a car on this scheme, and just passed it down to their kids as they'll never use it. Free car!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: motability cars ...did you know? - 5th Apr 2010 8:40pm
my mates on it,got a brand new 2.2 diesel, full leather etc, tax, free services etc etc, it costs him £38 a week, but his daughter pays that and uses the car 95% of the time.
Posted By: evesteve Re: motability cars ...did you know? - 3rd Jul 2010 8:51pm
Hi can you tell me which company it is? Thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral