Forums
Posted By: justaskin76 wedding/party venue - 25th Oct 2009 10:38pm
Hi all
I've just signed up, I'm from South Liverpool but have been visiting your side frequently and prefer it smile
I'm hoping to get married next year but am having no luck finding a decent venue. I really liked Sheldrakes restaurant as I'm looking for something really relaxed and informal but they wanted £8000 minimum spend!!!
Does anyone know any lovely little hide away places that could be used for a wedding party.Max 100 guests and quite a few kids. I would be so grateful if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks for reading
smile
Posted By: Garygadge Re: wedding/party venue - 25th Oct 2009 10:44pm
what about
Burton Manor
Posted By: justaskin76 Re: wedding/party venue - 25th Oct 2009 10:56pm
Thanks for that :)It looks lovely, bit pricey and posh for my sort though!

I'm thinking maybe a little old hall / hut to hire that I can do up myself and bring my own food and other bits as most places charge so much!
Posted By: Garygadge Re: wedding/party venue - 25th Oct 2009 11:04pm
0k what about In thornton Hough,very picturesque village, there is the village hall and also a hall in the communtiy center (which is bigger)
Posted By: justaskin76 Re: wedding/party venue - 25th Oct 2009 11:08pm
Thanks..there's loads of places we haven't seen yet over there...the village looks nice.Everytime we visit were surprised at how nice places are..its like visiting a different country, we feel like were on holiday when we go.Yes I know..quite sad..I dont get out much!
Posted By: Garygadge Re: wedding/party venue - 25th Oct 2009 11:10pm
lol. I know a V.good Dj if you need one, let me know
Posted By: Sanchez Re: wedding/party venue - 25th Oct 2009 11:13pm
I here te grange is alriht, i went to a wedding last night actually in the village hotel, that was good too!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: wedding/party venue - 25th Oct 2009 11:14pm
Welcome to the madness known as wiki!
Posted By: derekdwc Re: wedding/party venue - 26th Oct 2009 12:43am
went to a wedding earlier on at Poulton Vics club
Self catering and they let you use their kitchen for cooking/heating and provide tables in hall
My friend who is a minister cum DJ also did the catering/cooking

Attached picture poulton vics.jpg
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: wedding/party venue - 26th Oct 2009 8:05am
there is a Royden Hall in the Village of Frankby with a scouthut very near by.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: wedding/party venue - 26th Oct 2009 9:33am
Originally Posted by ghostly1
there is a Royden Hall in the Village of Frankby with a scouthut very near by.
If you use them and its a winter month make sure someone gets the heat on well before your guests arrive. My sister used that hall and it was chilly, even in April.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: wedding/party venue - 26th Oct 2009 1:04pm
are you getting married in a particular church or registry office
or looking for a place that can perform marriages and also do the reception there
self catering or to be done by the place
Posted By: Anonymous Re: wedding/party venue - 26th Oct 2009 1:16pm
KFC do a lovely meal in a bucket!

The Suite at Tranmere Rovers is nice. It was once called 'John Aldridge Suite' but I doubt its called that now.
Posted By: lansyp Re: wedding/party venue - 26th Oct 2009 1:17pm
cammell laird club is ok ,the new lauries center is ok too just depends what you want from it .had mine in the royal oak bromborough and done the two for one meals saved loads of money and it was a private room but with access to the rest of the pub .think we paid 50 for the room but it was lovely
Posted By: justaskin76 Re: wedding/party venue - 26th Oct 2009 1:43pm
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions...especially the KFC one! smile
I like the look of Ness gardens for the ceremony and then on to somewhere informal, not really a pub more like a hall, or something??I just want a really great buffet and dancing but nothing too cheesy or run down. Ive got something in my head but I'm probably never goin to get it! Think of english tea party, bunting, cakes, candles, summer evening ..kids able to play outside.I like the idea of being able to go off for a little wander if it gets too much, thats why I like Sheldrakes..but not at their prices!
Posted By: justaskin76 Re: wedding/party venue - 26th Oct 2009 3:05pm
....if anyone comes up with a really great suggestion you can come to the evening do! smile
Posted By: hoseman Re: wedding/party venue - 26th Oct 2009 5:49pm
My brother got married at Ness Gardens, was a bit different getting married in a gazeebo!! Turned out a realy good day, good spot to marry! Evening he had at Mollington Golf Club, Chester, but prob a bit out of the way for you! Most golf clubs can accomodate a wedding party, do your own food too, as they make their money over the bar!
Posted By: bert1 Re: wedding/party venue - 26th Oct 2009 6:30pm
Originally Posted by justaskin76
....if anyone comes up with a really great suggestion you can come to the evening do! smile

Stay single,............where's the do
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: wedding/party venue - 26th Oct 2009 8:05pm
Originally Posted by bert1

Stay single,............where's the do

raftl raftl
Not sure that was what he meant wink
Posted By: justaskin76 Re: wedding/party venue - 26th Oct 2009 8:11pm
well..if you tell me where the do is you can come! smile
Posted By: marksup Re: wedding/party venue - 27th Oct 2009 6:45am
Have a look at Brook Meadow Been to a wedding there and is a lovely pleace

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/brook-meadow.en.html
http://www.information-britain.co.uk/showPlace.cfm?Place_ID=29908

Posted By: justaskin76 Re: wedding/party venue - 27th Oct 2009 10:39pm
Looks very nice but a bit too posh smile just want somewhere very informal.Went looking today, visited some nice villages but I think the kind of place I want is hidden away somewhere?!
I definitely would like ness gardens..but where from there?
Anyone got a bit of land with a barn or something?

other half is quite happy to not get married ( he's the one who asked me 4 years ago!) and plod along..but I'm gettin on a bit now and would like to a bit traditional for once in my life!

anyone?? you can have as many sausage rolls and egg butties as you want!
Posted By: Waddi Re: wedding/party venue - 27th Oct 2009 11:08pm
Little Stanney Village Hall looks nice and is a bit hidden but directly of a main road, but you would never know it was there unless you had a reason to go down that road. It is very close to chesire oaks and not a million miles away from ness gardens, unfortunatly I cant find any info on the internet about it, suppose this is a good thing as it keeps it more secret.

All I have is a google maps link;
Google maps
Posted By: justaskin76 Re: wedding/party venue - 28th Oct 2009 10:03am
Thanks Waddi....I will take a look and the sausage rolls may be yours smile
Posted By: Brocks Re: wedding/party venue - 28th Oct 2009 12:26pm
I'm a member of Heswall Golf club. We held a Christening there and the food is spot on. I probably got members rates, but the price was surprisingly cheap. The function room is upstairs and offers a vista of North Wales and the Dee. Best view on the Wirral other than the top of Thurstaston Hill. We also went to a 60th there but I don't remember it ;-)

Not far from Ness too and a travel lodge nearby for Guest accomodation!
Posted By: justaskin76 Re: wedding/party venue - 28th Oct 2009 1:02pm
Thanks ..very helpful smile
Posted By: justaskin76 Re: wedding/party venue - 28th Oct 2009 1:03pm
has anyone been to Gladstone Village Hall?
Posted By: Waddi Re: wedding/party venue - 28th Oct 2009 8:06pm
That looks ideal.
Posted By: marksup Re: wedding/party venue - 28th Oct 2009 10:28pm
Originally Posted by justaskin76
has anyone been to Gladstone Village Hall?

Yes its in Port sunlight
Posted By: justaskin76 Re: wedding/party venue - 29th Oct 2009 10:41am
this is somewhere else....Burton I think?Its just a village hall.I know which one you mean gladstone theatre? I didnt realise thre was a theatre until recently, its lovely round there albeit a bit strange..like everthings stuck in a time warp - in a nice way though smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: wedding/party venue - 29th Oct 2009 11:06am
Gladstone Village Hall Link
© Wirral-Wikiwirral