Forums
Posted By: Wheels nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 5:32pm
I getting very fed up now of the people next door.

The father of the kids encourages them to play football outside my house. ive lost count now how many times the ball has hit my windows and our cars. they have also been abusive towards other family members when they come to visit. They had snapped a dummy camera i had on a fence (now replaced with 4 24hr cams)

Today when I came home they decided to dance in the road infront of me only moving when i was a few feet away then they started to put the fingers up. I flew in a fit of rage out the car and like an old man said "Learn some respect silly boy" mad

I have them on video a few months back placing a bomb bag through my letter box Fortunalty being caughty by the letter box cage stopping the dog from chewing it and becoming sick.

I live in a "Play street" thinking it would be good as cars shouldnt drive down it unless needing access but now its becoming very annoying.

What can I do about this situation? I swear one day soon me and the fella next door will come to blows. its like they enjoy taunting people.
Posted By: spinking Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 5:49pm
Report it to the council and belive it or not crime stoppers matey.

I had couple of tits living by me acouple of years ago punching his head in didnt work but reporting him did and they got kicked out after other people reported them too.
Posted By: Angela Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 5:50pm
Hi Wheels,
You really have my sympathy,we went through similar experiences when we lived in Bromborough.Most of the aggro we suffered was from ... who the council rehoused when some flats in New Ferry were demolished.I wish I could suggest something to help, but quite frankly,we found the police were pretty useless.We were fortunate enough to be able to move and it was the best thing we have ever done but of course, that's not an option for everyone.Is there any way you could get a petition going with your neighbours to get these ... moved? They sound like the type of low-life who are probably causing other neighbours problems as well.Anyway, best of luck, Wheels,I hope you manage to get something sorted.
Angela
Posted By: bert1 Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 6:07pm
What you want to do Wheels is lodge a complaint with the police, I would think its criminal damage what they done to your camera and sticking things through your letter box is also a police matter, playing football or dancing in the street in front of your moving car would come under the highways act, certainly playing football comes under Highways act 1980 section 161. Belting the car and the windows is also one for the police. Also email your councilor, google Wirral councilors and a facility comes up for you to do it, then there's always the asbo department you can have a word with. Cover yourself by reporting to the police incase you are lucky enough to run one over.
Posted By: Vanquished Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 6:13pm
Keep reporting and reporting and get your neighbors to do the same. Video as much as you can.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 6:29pm
Hope you get it sorted mate frown
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 6:41pm
What you do is.. get a gun, aim and fire laugh

I've got the same problem in my street, not only with the kids but with adults too, i had a brick thrown through my car window a few weeks back when a couple where kicking the crap out of each other, people screaming at each other at 3am after a drink and i've had a ball come through my window, it's got to a point now where i just tell them to fook off and they do, for atleast 10mins anyways... but now it's just a case of "their at it again" and shrugging it off - bet your looking forward to the summer hols as much as me. But report it all like Bert said, so if you ever cave the blokes head in or "accidently" run one of the little brats over you should be alright
Posted By: Wench Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 7:36pm
Wheels, breaking the camera is Criminal Damage as already stated. The evidence that you have of other things, make a copy if you can and take it to the Police. As stated, log it all, get in touch with your local ASB Officer or failing that, Inspector Mick Bleases' neighbourhood Police team at Well Lane. His team have a good record for anti social behaviour.

Give them enough evidence and they will have it sorted as soon as. He doesn't tolerate anti social behaviour! They hold several surgeries where you can go along and highlight specific incidents but you can also contact them direct if you don't fancy doing it publicly.

Hope that helps honey.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 7:53pm
wheels - call the ASBO people - and start doing the forms - the more annoying they are the quicker they respond
Posted By: DavidB Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 8:01pm
There's one living over the road from me. He's a brainless cretin, and his kids are the living spawn of satan. The whole family of fooking arseholes.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 8:16pm
try this number mate its your call antisocial behaviour 606 5470
or community safety 606 5488 mate! hope you get it sorted kid!
Posted By: DavidB Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 8:23pm
Yeah, do it. Any further repercussions (or possible threats) after that will mean then getting kicked out on their arses.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 8:43pm
also helps if the police have had to be called out wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 9:10pm
Unfortunatly I cant offer any advise, but I do hope you get it sorted matey frown

I cant imagine how distressing it must be to live in that environment - especially as you also now have the baby frown

Good luck.... smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 9:33pm
One word of advise i can offer is Dont hit out at them, if you do, you will be classed as their sort in the eyes of the law.

I took the law into my own hands once and ended up in lots of trouble so to speak, i don`t want it to happen to you, It doesn`t matter how much they torture you, the judge will disregard that, you will also lose your badge wink

Do they own the property in question?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 9:37pm
Originally Posted by Station
Yeah, do it. Any further repercussions (or possible threats) after that will mean then getting kicked out on their arses.

withthat hope you sort it mate.

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 10:06pm
You seem to forget people that wheels has bought his house, it`s also brand new, does this law apply to homeowners or just council/private tenants? think
Posted By: MissGuided Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 10:08pm
i was a home owner when i was doing the forms for my neighbour - if its private rented they'll have a word with the landlord - if its owned i assume they go straight to the home owner
Posted By: DavidB Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 10:11pm
Yeah, the Criminal Justice Bill says anyone can be evicted, even if they own their own home.
It's overstepping human rights, but in the case of inbred nuisance chavs, I'm not bothered.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 10:32pm
Well thats a good thing, i don`t think you will have a problem wheels.
I would of thought homeowners would have been harder to evict, i think what may happen is they will be evicted for a short period ie: 2 months, then they will be let back on a trial, if this is unsuccesful they shall then be evicted completley.
There was something like this in the paper a few months back in Wallasey.
Bear in mind wheels that if they are evicted, their house shall be boarded up making your area unpleasant to view and an embarrasment when family or friends come around.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 10:38pm
i think you should start with contacting WASBT - explain your situation - they will be able to find out if its rented or not. check your deeds for anything about noise nuisance - if they are in similar property it will apply to their's too. I wonder what their mortgage lender would make of it?
Posted By: Wench Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 11:03pm
Homeowners CAN be evicted from their property for ASB. Regarding the noise nuisance comment, it comes under private nuisance which is a Civil matter, not Criminal. However, the right to quiet enjoyment of your property will probably in the deeds for your house. If the neighbour concerned is a homeowner, chances are, they will have the same covenant in their deeds too.

If they are a tenant, then it is generally encorporated into the lease if a standard lease is used.

Either way, you have rights.

Gods I hate conveyancing!
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Re: nuisance neighbors - 9th Apr 2009 11:04pm
Hello mate, I had the same kinda situation here in Newcastle and the Council told me to keep a diary of dates,times and incidents (witnesses also) of everything that has happened....for 3 months, also to try and get back up diaries from other residents to back you up! (long process I know, but it did work in the end).
But knowing W.B.C they won't work as efficient as that? My advice is do as above and get evidence...then go to see a solicitor who deals with housing issues,and they should/will force the Council to take action.

good luck with that!

Chris
Posted By: marilyn Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 12:38am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
One word of advise i can offer is Dont hit out at them, if you do, you will be classed as their sort in the eyes of the law.

I took the law into my own hands once and ended up in lots of trouble so to speak, i don`t want it to happen to you, It doesn`t matter how much they torture you, the judge will disregard that, you will also lose your badge wink

Do they own the property in question?
i agree with ste try not to lash out its hard to keep your temper with people like that but to do so is letting them win ,document and video everything it will work in the end wheels just be determined and remember we might not have to go through what you are but we are all behind you just have a moan to us somad
Posted By: Handbag Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 1:48pm
Hi Wheels

Really sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your neighbours. People can be very unsympathetic about the problem and don't often realise how stressful it can be.

I've been in the same position myself and was fortunate enough to have had help to solve the problem.

If you live in Rock Ferry, New Ferry, Birkenhead, Birkenhead North, Liscard, Seacombe or Egremont you can contact 'The Live Wirral Wardens' on 652 3214 they can come out and have a chat to you about the problem and give you the best advice. They can also put you in touch with the right agencies to directly deal with the problem. Even if you dont live in the area it may still be worth calling them and maybe they can put you in touch with someone who can help.

One of the most constructive things that you can do to help yourself is to create an incident diary and write down every incident as it occurs, it's very important to do this as the frequesncy of the problem is something that is looked at when the authorities in question look into the case.

You can also try here
Wirral Anti-social behaviour team
http://www.wirral.gov.uk/LGCL/100003/200030/content_0000404.html

You can contact them by email Email:
neighbour. [email protected]

or by telephone 606 2020

Check in your local area to see if there is a local residents group that runs who can give you support. Talk to some of your neighbours about the problem and see if they would be willing to fill in incident sheets for the anti-social behaviour team. It can be done anonymously.

Also try contacting your local Councillors... they have a lot of sway with local Police and other bodies and may help kick people up the behind to get the issue resloved quickly!

Don't whatever you do lash out at them... worst thing that you can do is let them see that they are in any way annoying you!!

I hope the information helps!

Posted By: DavidB Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 1:55pm
Lot of help there, thanks. I might need that myself soon. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 2:23pm
Originally Posted by Station
Lot of help there, thanks. I might need that myself soon. smile

withthat smile
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 4:41pm
Simply log everything..times dates location, whats happened...even if its not directed at oyu..
the more evidence you can produce the better and easier it becomes.
Call the police..get it logged everytime there is a problem.
the more logs we have..the better evidence there is for ASBO type orders...
it takes time but it can be sorted and these people can be brought to take responsibility for their actions.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 7:51pm
videoing can be tricky as i think you are supposed to inform the person - i got round this by having a 'CCTV surveillance in operation' sticker on my living room window - but i never videod them.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 10:17pm
where's that jobs worth Audio/beemer tastic's advice here......
Posted By: MissGuided Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 10:18pm
he already gave it - punk! raftl
Posted By: Sanchez Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 10:20pm
dam, so he did, one day i'll get him.....
Posted By: MissGuided Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 10:22pm
ooh eeer - didn't know you were that inclined sanchez
Posted By: Sanchez Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 10:25pm
stranger things miss G, stranger things.....
Posted By: Wench Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 10:28pm
Thought I could smell you!! We've been waiting for you devil
Posted By: MissGuided Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 10:29pm
smell him?

like the wolf senses were kicking in?
Posted By: Wench Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 10:30pm
Oh yes - it's like smelling freshly roasted chicken thighs devil
Posted By: MissGuided Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 10:32pm
i can only smell chicken liver *no reply to PM*
Posted By: Sanchez Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 10:57pm
ha ha, replyied ...
Posted By: MissGuided Re: nuisance neighbors - 10th Apr 2009 10:59pm
only just...
Posted By: Token Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 6:18pm
I've looked into CCTV laws and they are very tricky, if your cameras cover ONLY your property, you can do whatever the hell you like. however, if your camera covers any areas outside your own personal property, you need to have 'CCTV' signs on the outskirts of where the camera covers, so they will be informed before entering an area covered by the cameras. Also you aren't allowed to have your camera encompassing the private property of others without their written consent, and not allowed to cover any of their windows.... now for the tricky part.... recording... in addition to adhering to the previous rules, if your system has a recording facility, you must first clear your camera installation, and also keep a log of when the tapes are changed, who changes them and you must keep archived tapes locked up.....

so there what I know....

and ignore.
Posted By: Token Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 6:20pm
oh, and as far as the kids are concerned... we've had problems with the kids in my road.... I tell them that if the ball comes on my property, its mine. and if it touches the bike, it gets slashed. I've stood by my word, and they stay away. >:)
Posted By: hoseman Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 8:07pm
Napalm......fry the lil fookers and their inbred parents!!!!!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 8:17pm
I used to dream of sticking a pipe through the neighbour's letterbox that was hooked up to a tanker full of expandable foam - y'know the stuff that sets hard? Sealed in devil

Its amazing what methods of death and torture you can dream up in your mind when your neighbours are being anti-social omg

Or sometimes I'd think of something stupid like sellotaping bits of raw fish under their windowsills in summer, so when they had their windows open they'd get a rotten smell. Or just leaving a whole fish on their doorstep, which they'd hopefully slip on and die when they came out the house in the morning raftl
Posted By: jimbob Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 8:18pm
use to live off Borough road by Tranmere Rovers and got fed up with cetain kids kicking the ball over the wall into are backyard and knocking the tubs of plants over. Told the kids they where not getting there ball back and about an hour later the police knocked at the door and told use we had to give them there ball or we would be charged with theft. This was in the early 90s. The same kids dad was done for having 2 gas meters.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 8:58pm
lol, ridiculase isnt it, What a crock of shit, dont parnets teach and enforce mannors nowdays
Posted By: chriskay Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 10:04pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
Told the kids they where not getting there ball back and about an hour later the police knocked at the door and told use we had to give them there ball or we would be charged with theft.

F***king ridiculous, what's this country coming to? I remember my father in law telling the story of when he had a disagreement with a neighbour. He said "I'll call the police". Neighbour said "I'm not afraid of the police". Father in law answered "well, I am".
Posted By: Wheels Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 10:21pm
Well i started a log (3 incidents logged) smile

the ball hit my window yesterday and i flew outside and picked it up and told them that it was mine now smile

Later on another ball hit my car so i flew out the door and said "This is not a football pitch, go play over there" the response was "Me dad told us to play here"..... About 20mins later the people across the road brought there son over and opollogised for the ball hitting my car. smile

About 45 mins after that 3 kids next door knocked and said that they were sorry about hitting my house with the ball. I asked were there parents were and they said in the house. i asked if they knew i had there ball and they said yes. I said that my car is very expensive and im trying to sell it so i dont want any marls on it tease they said its a really nice car so i gave in and give them the ball back lol

anyway today i was leaving the house and there ball rolled infront of my car. they looked scared and then one ran out into the road grabbed the ball and ran back to the kirb saying "Thanks mate"

dunno whats happened but they seem to have a little bit of respect now smile

lets see how long it lasts smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 10:25pm
Nice one wheels and good luck happy
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 10:29pm
Thev been on here and thaught you might take up some missg's torture methods wheels
Posted By: Wheels Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 10:42pm
haha very possable smile
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 10:43pm
laugh
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: nuisance neighbors - 13th Apr 2009 10:57pm
Children.. with respect????? Satan is skating to work tomorrow then i guess
© Wirral-Wikiwirral