Forums
Posted By: Wheels I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 12:56pm
I am so p!ssed off right now.

Just been to try get help (again) with the rent side of things on my house and I have been offered £5 odd every 2 weeks!

They say I earn too much on my job seekers allowence (£60 something quid a week) to get paid any more than £5 odd. What a absolute joke!

I have worked for gods knows how many years and paid all my NI and Tax and for what? for sod all.

My monthly outgoings are £1200+ before food,petrol etc etc..

I have just about survived up to now since early Dec on money I had saved and was owe'd.

once my next mortgage payment comes out on the 26th this month I will have no money left at all and then companys will try take money out my account that is not there and I will be charged by my bank for each of them. I just want to vent my fustration out by writing this thread and say how sh!t this country really is.

The Government NEEDS to change and help people out more.

£60 too much? F # C K Off!
Posted By: Wench Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 1:15pm
I know how you feel Wheels. The only thing I can suggest you do is approach your mortgage lender and ask if you can go on an interest only repayment plan for a month or 3. Let all the other companines know what is going on too. Cancel any direct debits that you have so that they cannot attempt to take it out and you won't get charged then.

I know it's hard, but try not to get blinkered by it all that you cannot see the bigger picture - that's what I did and ended up in a right royal mess! But then, having a husband that hid all the mail & ran up more debts (amongst other things) didn't help either!!

Posted By: Wheels Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 1:35pm
I spoke to my mortgage people and they can change it to interest only for a fee of £55, it will only reduce it £70!. then I have to pay another £55 to put it back frown

I have 2 job interviews next week so fingers crossed. they are crap jobs with crap pay too but im hoping tax credits will help me out.

I need to upgrade my bank account anyway so I might do that 2morro and get my money paid in there and have my mortgage come out of it too. then close my other account until I get letters from the direct debitors and then hopefully I will have a job and I can give them my new bank details.. what do you think?

it might buy me a bit of time and ill have an excuse because I upgraded my account?
Posted By: Wench Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 1:47pm
I can't see it being a problem hon. The other way round it is to go on card payments (not card meters) instead of DD for certain things.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with the interviews - neither you nor Debs need the extra stress of all this at the moment.
Posted By: Wheels Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 1:55pm
I dont have any way of paying via cards? My house is a new build.

hmm
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 3:07pm
I think your frustration is caused by knowing you are entitled to more than this, but just don't know how you are supposed to claim it.

All the rules and regs used to be open for all to see, these days all you get are heaps of little pamphlets which tell you s*d all.

Citizens advice will probably find a way of increasing your benefits.

I am so sorry my country is letting you down, I am embarassed and ashamed.
Posted By: Wench Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 3:31pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
I dont have any way of paying via cards? My house is a new build.

hmm

You can pay gas, elec and water by card - you can pay weekly or fortnightly, that way you may be able to juggle your finances.

Try the CAB like has been suggested too - they can quite often find things that you are entitled to.

Posted By: uggla Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 4:02pm
good luck wheels with the job interviews.

uk can really suck
Posted By: MissGuided Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 4:56pm
Hey Wheels, just wanted to say good luck for the interviews. I know how stressful it can be when everyone is knocking on your door for money. Try to think positive - easier said than done - but don't let the bstrds grind you down.
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 5:59pm
hey guys n girls i have n interview 2moz for jobseekers allowence 2morrow does anyone know what i have to take with me
Posted By: Wheels Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 6:07pm
I now have 3 interviews for 4 jobs next week lol.
Posted By: uggla Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 6:09pm
nice one wheels fingers crossed only been unemployed once and i hated it was in the recession in the 90s
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 6:09pm
lmao lol thats bad i have 1 tomorrow at 9:40 in the morning frown so i have to drag my body out off bed not fair hehehe
Posted By: chrissie77 Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 6:10pm
good luck wheels thumbsup
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 6:10pm
Things to take to a JSA First Appointment:

Identification - usually photographic or birth certificate.

Identification - letter with your name on at address provided at time of application.

P45 - from prev job, if you have one.

Prev Wage Slips - usually only if you have a part time job which is low enough for you to be eligible for JSA.
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 6:25pm
thats gd well i dont need the p45 cuz ive never had a job only just finished college last yr happy but :sad:
Posted By: hoseman Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 7:32pm
Wheels, good luck in ALL your interviews mate, Then you can pick n choose.... LOL!
Did you try Lairds as i suggested? Got a lot going on in there! Want me to TRY n have a word, dont know who with, but can ask!!
Posted By: Wheels Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 7:46pm
YER i WENT TO LAIRDS and left a CV with them, they sent me a letter saying they have no vacancies but will keep me on file for 6months.
Posted By: hoseman Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 8:01pm
Sorry mate, but they were advertising just before xmas, full page in Globe!! I can ask, down there tomoz!
Posted By: Wheels Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 8:32pm
no need to be sorry mate, they seemed like nice fellas. it would be handy as its a 2min drive from home
Posted By: hoseman Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 8:40pm
Will ask at security tomorrow mate, know them pretty well, if anythings happening they will know!
Posted By: scoops Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 8:44pm
Wheels, if you can't get a quick enough appointment with the C.A.B I found a few other places you could try.
If you get the chance the first one is the best, he's top of the game.

J Strang Welfare Rights Advisor
Unit 7, 36 Beechwood Drive, Birkenhead, Prenton, Cheshire, CH43 7ZU 0151 606 1188

These guys are local.
Tranmere Alliance
225 Church Road
Tranmere
Telephone: 0151 644 1100

I've heard good things about these guys
The Roundabout Centre
Stanley Road
Birkenhead
Merseyside
CH41 7BG
0151-652 9108

hope this helps.
Posted By: Wench Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 9:32pm
Oh Scoops what have you done raftl

I've not seen Mixie for over 10 yrs and he hasn't changed a bit!!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 9:36pm
I'm totally skint, and have only just signed on. Never, ever wanted to sign on, it's totally depressing.
Posted By: Wheels Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 10:05pm
tell me about it. frown
Posted By: MissGuided Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 10:26pm
Wheels, they have a drop-in CAB at Arrowe Park Hospital, right by the main entrance on your way in.
I'll email the security guy at arrowe as well, see if he knows of anything coming up on site or at clatterbridge.
Posted By: kimpri Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 20th Feb 2009 10:46pm
Wheels mate. keep your HEAD UP it will come together for you always dose in the end...Go the roundabout center they know the score...f**kin spot on doin there job av some mate....
Posted By: scoops Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 21st Feb 2009 2:38am
Originally Posted by PaganJay
Oh Scoops what have you done raftl

I've not seen Mixie for over 10 yrs and he hasn't changed a bit!!!

Bad PJ, naughty PJ.
Not only do you go offtopic You also ignore Mixie's BFBG*

*Big Fat Beer Gut raftl raftl
Posted By: dave_g Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 22nd Feb 2009 12:08am
the government are fu**in useless when it comes to helpin people who want to work!my tax credits are an insult when you consider what pro doleites get!!!
Posted By: Wheels Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 24th Feb 2009 2:45pm
Well I had the interview 2morra and they rang me today and said I have the job doing security. get a car, phone and sat nav.

Had an interview today for british waterways working on the new canal they built that goes passed the liver building into the albert dock. looked like a interesting job too. I just got a call from them but I had to turn it down as I went for the first job as it has better prospects (they are building a control room by my house and want me to work there for them).
Posted By: bert1 Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 24th Feb 2009 2:48pm
Pleased for you mate
Posted By: MissGuided Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 24th Feb 2009 2:54pm
That's fantastic Wheels smile
I did email the guy here at Security but he hasn't replied yet - so nay matter.
Posted By: Wheels Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 24th Feb 2009 3:20pm

British waterways have just rang saying they want to take me on smile

Im confused now what to do frown

Posted By: Wheels Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 24th Feb 2009 4:46pm
Ive turned down British Waterways and decided to go with Anchor.

If I work for BW its through a employment agency and they will pay me inclusive of my holidays (I get no holidays) and when I weigh it up I have had better paid jobs with holidays so its not worth it.

I rang BW to see if I can work direct for them but they cant do it at the moment due to the fact its a new development (lpools new canal) and they dont know what is going to happen.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 24th Feb 2009 5:03pm
there seems to be developing a seperate class of workers who
work for agencies a day or week here or there hardly any rights less wages than regular workers
No such thing as a job for life
Just like the 30s when dockers used to queue up hoping to be selected for work
This country is progressing backwards as regards its ordinary citizens

One of my sons worked for Transfoods thru an agency and the work was on a day to day basis and shiftwork
He has today received a phone call from the job centre about interviews to be arranged for Transfood

He has heard that the permanent workers wages are being lowered to nat min? and a load of workers have left creating vacancies
Posted By: Wheels Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 24th Feb 2009 5:07pm
yer agencys are terrable and take a good cut of your cash.

Always work direct. even if they say that the company might take you on after so many months its all a blag.

I still have an interview on thurs for a top security company that is better paid so im still gonna give them a whirl.
Posted By: uggla Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 24th Feb 2009 6:28pm
things looking up wheels.

Nice one
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 24th Feb 2009 6:35pm
Originally Posted by uggla
things looking up wheels.

Nice one

withthat

Good luck mate
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 24th Feb 2009 9:26pm
Well done Wheels, TWO job offers, you need to open up a topic on interview techniques for us all to share.
Posted By: DavidB Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 25th Feb 2009 6:19pm
Well done!
I found out I'm on 60 quid per week on the dole (including rent)! Awesome!
Posted By: Shambo Re: I earn to much money on job seekers - 25th Feb 2009 6:36pm
Originally Posted by Station
Well done!
I found out I'm on 60 quid per week on the dole (including rent)! Awesome!

Haha! Welcome to 'easy street' eh? Carefull of the slippery slope tho... before you know it you won't want to work, rather stay at home quaffing Dom Perignon and smoking fine cuban cigars whilst watching Jeremy Kyle. After a while you won't care that people who do have jobs will look down upon you, resent you for the taxes they pay to fund your lavish new lifestyle and blame you for how the whole country's going to hell in a handcart.

Seriously though, I hope you both find a new job soon.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral