Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Anyone have a power cut last night? - 15th Jan 2009 2:23pm
...at about 6pm, sat down, watching some TV, and everything went off confused

Looked out of the window and 1/2 the houses in the street where without power. Checked the fuse box - all was ok, knocked next door and he was also without power.

I took the oppertunity to go to Tesco and do some shopping, and on the way to the main road some houses had power, others had candles / torches etc and there where some house alarms ringing out in the distance.

I got home at about 8:15 and the lights where all back on, so power had been restored. I checked my clock and it was flashing, showing 12:15 - so the power had only come on about 15 mins before I got home meaning there was no power for about 2 hours between 6 and 8pm!!!!

Did this effect anyone else? Im in Saughall Massie....
Posted By: MissCalculated Re: Anyone have a power cut last night? - 15th Jan 2009 2:27pm
Where abouts do you live cos here in Moreton we have had one too...cant remember what day it was but it didnt go off for long and we thought it was a sloppy changeover...since then the lights have been flikering a lot.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Anyone have a power cut last night? - 15th Jan 2009 2:29pm
Must be someone's left their christmas lights on in the northend - draining the grid!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Anyone have a power cut last night? - 15th Jan 2009 2:57pm
Originally Posted by MissCalculated
Where abouts do you live cos here in Moreton we have had one too...

Im in Saughall Massie - just off Girtrell Rd. IIRC it happened sometime last year too - power went off for a couple of hours confused
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Anyone have a power cut last night? - 15th Jan 2009 4:14pm
Christmas lights in the North end - they were obviously still plugged in to the nearest streetlamp base - dog cocked his leg - whammo !!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Anyone have a power cut last night? - 15th Jan 2009 4:40pm
We get power cuts now and then in Wallasey.

Worries me more though that its starting to happen on a regular basis across the Wirral.

Posted By: DavidB Re: Anyone have a power cut last night? - 15th Jan 2009 4:42pm
Probably my dad, he was messing with the electrics yesterday.
Posted By: MissCalculated Re: Anyone have a power cut last night? - 15th Jan 2009 4:46pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Originally Posted by MissCalculated
Where abouts do you live cos here in Moreton we have had one too...

Im in Saughall Massie - just off Girtrell Rd. IIRC it happened sometime last year too - power went off for a couple of hours confused

not that far from Moreton is it,we have had a few power cuts with the last one i remember leaving us without power for a few hours but I think that was something to do with Cadburies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Anyone have a power cut last night? - 16th Jan 2009 3:20pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
We get power cuts now and then in Wallasey.

Worries me more though that its starting to happen on a regular basis across the Wirral.

withthat
Posted By: Ducko Re: Anyone have a power cut last night? - 16th Jan 2009 6:08pm
i had one in 85 thay still havent bluged me in lol
Posted By: jimbob Re: Anyone have a power cut last night? - 16th Jan 2009 9:51pm
Wallasey was always known as Debtors retreat and that was in the 1950s. so it must still be the same, they dont pay the elec bills on time so hence the power cuts. {any body got a shillin for the meter}
© Wirral-Wikiwirral