Forums
Posted By: mel70 gluten free fish and chips - 14th Jan 2009 10:17pm
does anyone know of a glutenfree chippy on the wirral i have coeliac disease and i would love fish and chips from a chippy and not having to slog over a hot stove which results in stinking the house out!
Posted By: Wench Re: gluten free fish and chips - 14th Jan 2009 10:25pm
Not that I've heard of. Got a friend with Coeliac's and she doesn't know of one either. She did give me this link though, quite useful for all sorts and has a list of 4 Coeliac friendly chippy's in case you have a day out happy

http://www.zyra.org.uk/coeliac.htm

Oh, and Welcome to the site hi
Posted By: Sanchez Re: gluten free fish and chips - 14th Jan 2009 10:25pm
nope, but best of luck to you, I very much doubt you'll find one, I googled it (sorry plannet earth for the carbon footprint i just left) and couldn't even find one in the contry. You can buy them frozen if thats any conselation.
Posted By: mel70 Re: gluten free fish and chips - 14th Jan 2009 10:32pm
thank u for your replys ill just have to struggle on boo hooo
Posted By: Wench Re: gluten free fish and chips - 14th Jan 2009 10:41pm
You can cook battered fish in the oven, you don't smoke or smell the house out that way. Use soda water instead of normal water though happy
Posted By: mel70 Re: gluten free fish and chips - 14th Jan 2009 10:44pm
the batter is like water it tastes amazing when its fried but after the effort it takes the fun out of it try eating a big mac without the bun no fun plus you get funny looks everyone thinks im on the atkins!diet i love cooking but sometimes convenience would be nice
© Wirral-Wikiwirral