Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:10pm
Not happy - Just taken me over 2 hours to get home from Liverpool cas there was a "train failure" between Hamilton Square and James Street.
So all trains from Birkenhead North and Birkenhead Central to Liverpool Central and vice versa were cancelled.

There was no replacement bus service and all the regular buse services were completely packed anyway.

fookin Joke our public transport system no thumbsdown
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:16pm
Unlucky mate, but thats public transport for you
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:20pm
Thats bit pathetic that. Did ya get a Taxi back??
Posted By: xXxSausagexXx Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:23pm
use ur car then hunnie lol
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:27pm
yeh heard bout that, as i was on the m56 watchin police sort out a 3 car smash....nice....

our public transport is a bit annoying tbh....but what can ya do...ya get car, and u have to pay so much out, you get public transport n they aint reliable, ya jus cant win frown
Posted By: Pomp Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:29pm
push bike wink
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:30pm
ya knackered by the end of it frown
Posted By: Pomp Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:36pm
Exercise lazy lol
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:37pm
Managed to get a bus in the end, but still a joke.

The only reason I get the train is to save on petrol.

Pomp, they dont let pushbikes through the tunnel during peak hours mate lol and plus, I dont fancy riding 20 miles there and back.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:39pm
Theres also ghosts in the Tunnel, that hitchhike on motorbikes etc etc...

We dont want Joe to get bummed by a ghost now do we??
Posted By: xXxSausagexXx Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:39pm
no wonder he has a podge! lol
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:40pm
Oi!

Getting bummed by ghosts isn't good lol
Posted By: xXxSausagexXx Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:41pm
Wait how would u know?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:42pm
I don't and I don't want to!
Posted By: xXxSausagexXx Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 6:42pm
i hope u havnt been ghost buming behind my back ive told u bout that lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Train Failure - 3rd Jun 2008 9:34pm
Motobike or scooter is the answer smile
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Train Failure - 4th Jun 2008 5:36am
I got caught up in the train failiure too mate, bit rubbish.

although 90% of the time the trains work fine.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Train Failure - 4th Jun 2008 9:27am
I took my in laws over with the missus and the trains failed i asked for a refund in which the guy did and i used the money for a taxi which was £3.00 cheaper smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Train Failure - 4th Jun 2008 10:26am
Does anyone have any details of what actually happened ? A total train failure is pretty rare. They can usually "limp" to the next station and de-train. If it happenend under the river, it might have been a good walk to JS or HS !!

Anything in the local rags or radio ?

Just interested from a technical point of view and wondering how they dealt with it/made a total cock-up of it ?
Posted By: Colgo Re: Train Failure - 4th Jun 2008 10:43am
Broken-down train brings rush hour chaos to Merseyrail
Jun 4 2008 Liverpool Daily Post

A BROKEN-DOWN train – which had already suffered technical difficulties on its journey into Liverpool – brought chaos to Merseyrail services at the height of yesterday afternoon’s rush hour.

Some passengers said they faced delays of up to two hours on the Wirral line, after the train broke down on a set of points close to James Street station at 5.12pm.

This meant no trains could get in to or out of Wirral. Services from New Brighton and West Kirby stopped at Birkenhead North station, while those from Ellesmere Port and Chester could get no further than Birkenhead Central.

An empty train was used to push the broken down train out of the way, enabling the line to be reopened at 5.51pm.

However, the knock-on effects caused by the earlier delay meant that train services in to and out of Wirral did not fully return to normal until an hour later at 6.51pm.

No bus replacement service was provided, however large queues of people formed on St George’s plateau in the hope of finding an alternative way of getting to Wirral.

A Merseyrail spokesman said: "It couldn’t have happened at a worse time as it was right in the middle of the peak hour.

"We decided not to put on a bus replacement service to Wirral both because it was in the peak and there were not that many buses available, and because we knew it would be dealt with quickly."

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Train Failure - 4th Jun 2008 11:28am
Originally Posted by SoundLad
I took my in laws over with the missus and the trains failed i asked for a refund in which the guy did and i used the money for a taxi which was £3.00 cheaper smile

Haha nice one; I remember at Asset the trains were pretty good, but I only paid for them once in a blue moon! Nowadays you get a £30 fine for that!!

grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Train Failure - 4th Jun 2008 1:59pm
Many thanks Colgo.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Train Failure - 5th Jun 2008 7:39am
Sometimes id never pay to get on the train to assett but then i started cause the clicky's got more frequent.. Ahh well spose everybody has done it in there lifetime lol..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Train Failure - 5th Jun 2008 1:12pm
Lol it was just after I left that the tickys seemed to increase in numbers and fines all gradually started to come in, so I was lucky!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral