Forums
Posted By: AR_One Tunnel on matchnights question - 6th Dec 2007 1:57pm
After getting stuck in a scrum trying to get into the Wallesy tunnel again last night after the Everton match I was fuming that again one bore was closed.

Does anyone know whether this is:

A. P*ss poor planning do maintenance when there's loads of cars trying to come back from the match

B. A way of "throttling" the traffic that going into the tunnel to prevent a queue building at the booths and going back into the tunnel

C. Something else

Any thoughts would be appreciated. grin
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Tunnel on matchnights question - 6th Dec 2007 2:00pm
A. Bad planning.

They normally only shut one side when it is quiet (off peak times during the day, late evening, and night time) so they can carry out maintenance work. Obviously they had overlooked the fact that the Blues where playing last night, and made a total balls up of it thumbsdown
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Tunnel on matchnights question - 6th Dec 2007 5:38pm
Yeah just poor planning, i mean its not like theres a fixture list for the season or anything wink laugh
Posted By: spinking Re: Tunnel on matchnights question - 6th Dec 2007 6:10pm
Its because they never expect many everton fans to turn up raftl

Only joking matey its just piss poor planning.

There doing well (so my misses tells me)
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Tunnel on matchnights question - 7th Dec 2007 4:11pm
I reckon the goddam cone kickers just do it for a laugh you know....
Posted By: Mark Re: Tunnel on matchnights question - 8th Dec 2007 11:54pm
That wouldn't surprise me you know.

Place your bets how long they can get the que.
Posted By: AR_One Re: Tunnel on matchnights question - 9th Dec 2007 1:17am
I thought it was poor planning but the same thing happened on the way back from watching the mighty Reds beat Reading in the Carling cup in October (shame that didn't happen today........)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral