Forums
Posted By: philstreet Business now demolished Late 70s Higher Beb. - 20th Feb 2021 11:49pm
Back in the 70s I used to live on Shallmarsh Road in higher bebington. A road that came off shallmarsh was shallmarsh close were all of the street celebrated the queens jubilee. The road ended at a really large abandened construction site. This area is now houses. I remember as a child wandering around this place and only new it as "Boltons Yard" . Does anyone know what this site was actually used for and the name of the company ?. I know its a long shot. I've compared the 1970s aerial maps and they show a large building to where there are houses now. Any help appreciated .
Posted By: bri445 Re: Business now demolished Late 70s Higher Beb. - 21st Feb 2021 6:39pm
This is probably the company using the yard. Advert from the Bebington Guide, published mid '60s.
They were well-known as developers in the area. I think they built the small estate we lived in on Bromborough Road, Trafalgar.

Attached picture Boultons.jpg
Thanks for the info. That could be it. Never thought about spelling it that way.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral