Forums
Posted By: Greenwood Visiting the tip - opinions? - 9th Jan 2021 5:25pm
I've been having a New Year loft attack, as I found things were getting damp up there, and now have quite a bit of stuff that can't be recycled and needs to go on its way. We are told to go out only for essential purposes and I've been sticking to that, but the tips are open! That would imply that people are permitted to visit them - out in the fresh air, no close contact with anyone, a lot safer than going to the supermarket, frankly. However, I'm hesitating. To coin a phrase, 'Should I stay or should I go?' What do people think?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Visiting the tip - opinions? - 9th Jan 2021 5:56pm
We went to the tip a few times over the months before xmas , generally people were being very well behaved but I don't think I will be going there with the new virulent strain, it spreads a lot easier and faster.

I've not been in a supermarket in months, in the early days I risked it as infection rate on the Wirral was very low. Any mixing is a gamble now as far as I'm concerned, because of the rate the virus is escalating around here.

We've got a lot of jobs on hold partly because of the backlog of stuff that needs taking to the tip - c'est la vie
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Visiting the tip - opinions? - 10th Jan 2021 11:44am
They are controlling the flow very well, so if you don't mind waiting when it is busy, I can't see a problem going the tip.
Last time I went I was waiting for about 45 minutes.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Visiting the tip - opinions? - 10th Jan 2021 8:50pm
Still dithering... I've stuffed the tip load into the shed until I decide to take the plunge - or until they tighten restrictions and close the tips! Hmm...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral