Forums
Posted By: granny eBay Complaints - 6th Nov 2020 11:33am

How does one complain to eBay. I have sent numerous messages relating a seller, but all that happens is that the message is sent on to the seller, and the seller returns with the same answer.

Just to have as stocking fillers for the children, I ordered :

6 x pairs (pairs on description of item ) of slipper socks . Said to be sent from London.

They arrived from China, without any statement or purchase included and no return of address.

I received 6 x slippers .. that's 6 only, not pairs. All different colours.

Now the little cross eyed shits won't refund me . Pretending they don;t understand.

I have yet again sent another message via eBay, but don;t seem to be able to get any further than the messages being sent on to seller. Same old merry-go-around.

£22.21 for 6 odd slippers instead of 6 pairs. !! Maybe the Chinese think we all have one foot .

How do I raise a complaint with eBay ?
Posted By: Salmon Re: eBay Complaints - 6th Nov 2020 11:38am
Have you raised this on the Resolution Centre? They have sorted such problems for me in the past.
Rather a racist description Granny!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: eBay Complaints - 6th Nov 2020 11:53am
Go to your purchase history, select the item, select contact seller, select "I received item that wasn't as described", choose refund, send the message then after a few days if it isn't resolved ebay step in.

They will probably just refund and not ask for the items back, if they do want the items back they have to pay postage, if they were delivered "fast and free" then you can print off a label that ebay provide.
Posted By: lincle Re: eBay Complaints - 6th Nov 2020 2:09pm
How did you pay Granny ? If Paypal, they will help,if not Salmons suggestion is one that Ive found helpful. Lots of Chinese stuff for sale but “delivered from” is usually a U.K address. I now go as far down the advert as I can as thats usually where the suppliers name & address can be found. More often these wont take the item back but offer the goods to keep & an amount of refund usually about the same cost of you paying return postage.Im more careful now & avoid these sellers
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: eBay Complaints - 6th Nov 2020 6:34pm
Do what DD said, don't worry you will get your money back as long as you paid with paypal.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: eBay Complaints - 6th Nov 2020 9:32pm
Or paid through Ebay checkout by Credit Card, Debit Card, Apple Pay or Google Pay. It doesn't have to be through a Paypal, account.
Posted By: granny Re: eBay Complaints - 6th Nov 2020 10:40pm

Thanks everyone.

I paid with Paypal, and the sellers said they did not want the items returned, but didn't offer to send the missing slippers either. They seem to understand most of what I say, i.e. apart from being able to count or until the word 'refund' is mentioned. It's like trying to teach a frog scouse (racist against whom , frog or Scouser ?)

I thought I'd raised it to the Resolution Centre, but I must have made a mistake .

I will try again. Thanks.

@ Salmon... not racist description , as that would be assuming all Chinese have a squint. It's called 'Freedom of Expression' according to others. However, even my remark doesn't compare to China’s brutal treatment of Uighur Muslims in Xinjiang, so I'm not too bothered.
Posted By: granny Re: eBay Complaints - 7th Nov 2020 11:14am

Driving me mad now.

Once again go toResolution centre, I record all the information and photo, send it and every time it comes back ,, If the seller has not conteacted you or resolved the situation by such and scuch come back to us. So I go back to them and they tell me they have sent the meassage to the seller and etc.etc,

I just can't get any further than Resolution centre sending them a message .

Did exactly what you said DD.. and the same think happens. The seller comes back with proof of delivery. (which yep, 6 were delivered, not 12 slippers)
Posted By: mikeeb Re: eBay Complaints - 7th Nov 2020 11:28am
Try going direct to PayPal.
https://www.paypal.com/bb/smarthelp/article/faq1344

Your problem is one of the reasons I only buy small priced items off ebay.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: eBay Complaints - 7th Nov 2020 2:00pm
It will happen eventually, I think it was after nine days ebay step in but there was an email recently saying they reduced some timesclaes.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: eBay Complaints - 8th Nov 2020 7:22pm
Much of EBay stuff comes from China now.

If you had put a request on Facebook for someone to knit them for you there might have been a better outcome. :-)
Posted By: Gibbo Re: eBay Complaints - 9th Nov 2020 10:35am
Make sure you leave negative feedback. I hate sellers who claim they're in the UK and then the stuff comes from China.
Posted By: granny Re: eBay Complaints - 9th Nov 2020 11:14am

I will.. Gibbo. I am just about at screaming pitch now. I chose a UK seller as opposed to Chinese for that very reason.

They clearly don't want to understand . I feel like giving up, but have been expecting eBay to step in and I continue to get nowhere.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: eBay Complaints - 9th Nov 2020 12:57pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
Make sure you leave negative feedback. I hate sellers who claim they're in the UK and then the stuff comes from China.

Totally agree, Ebay could easily filter these adverts, when it says UK stock with 21+ days delivery time its obvious what is going on and that its a lie - especially when the seller has an ID without any Latin letters in it, they aren't even trying to disguise the lie.

There are a number of companies that put the Union Jack on their advert which I normally find to be more reliable but I'm sure its only a matter of time until the liars start to copy that.
Posted By: granny Re: eBay Complaints - 11th Nov 2020 12:38pm

Eventually, they have offered me half the money back, but I am convinced this will be half of the cost of 1 slipper..... watch this space. !

Anyway, I have given a whole load of bad feedback... mainly because I could, due to ordering 6 pairs in 4 different colours, I had 4 options to give feedback comments. So they got it !!
Posted By: granny Re: eBay Complaints - 13th Nov 2020 11:01am

eBay have at last intervened. They fall in favour of my claim, so a refund is on it;s way , but even now the refund is not all that should be owed. It's clear that a simple issue of sums and colours do not give hope of todays abilities of understanding.
I think my grand duaghters would be able to understand more easily.
Not going to challenge anymore.. as I'd rather accept the now £4 shortfall than have a stress related health issue !

Thanks for input and assistance .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral