Forums
Posted By: BultacoAstro Buying a PUB - 3rd Jul 2020 10:24am

Yes - AWAKEN
Buying a Freehold Pub outright No Lease or pub ties do i still pay Business rates even when Pub is Not running as one. How hard is it to get it changed to Full Residential when it has a 3 bedroom flat above ?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Buying a PUB - 3rd Jul 2020 10:43am
If it is in a normal residential area then changing it to residential it is a formality and no problem at all.

If it is in a preservation area or is a listed building then that would cause major problems.

If it is in a designated commercial area (eg shops or industrial) then it will take some justification and agreement, mostly things like other long term empty commercial property nearby showing the supply is greater than demand.

You would also have to check the Council hasn't got future re-generation/development plans covering the area.
Posted By: BultacoAstro Re: Buying a PUB - 3rd Jul 2020 12:02pm

Norman Greenbaum Spirit In The Sky
Thanks for info. Will be watching how pubs go with Government stopping wages in October and also Brexit. Thinking could i find some Property to renovate into residential
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Buying a PUB - 3rd Jul 2020 12:20pm
At the rate that pubs are closing I can't see a problem of finding one. Especially now, because of the aftermath of covid.
Good luck.
Posted By: BultacoAstro Re: Buying a PUB - 23rd Jul 2020 11:01am
The Beatles Hear Comes The Sun
Government just made my Job a bit easier
Looking for a tatty Freehold Pub with NO Lease to Buy outright if Cheap anybody know of one?
Would like to stay on the Wirral thoe if a few miles out is fine.
Thoe Pub must be structural sound if possible to cut down on costs.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral