Forums
Posted By: tharobster air rifle set up - 5th May 2020 8:08pm
anyone on here set up a new rifle and scope ?
place in ellesmere port can do it but not until next tues
Wallasey area
thanks
Posted By: casper Re: air rifle set up - 7th May 2020 7:56am
Originally Posted by tharobster
anyone on here set up a new rifle and scope ?
place in ellesmere port can do it but not until next tues
Wallasey area
thanks

First and foremost if you have private space make sure the borders are safe and secure and there wili be no danger to anyone else , empty garage, garden with secure borders maybe, you can zero it in yourself, and just shoot, if its hitting the target high or low adjust your scope, until it lines up with centre same for right or left, you need to do this as the range alters ie farther away or nearer, this is called zeroing, with practice it will become second nature, because everyone eyes are different these settings will differ with different people, example if I zeroed it the sighting would be off for you, because my eyesight has deteriorated.
Posted By: BultacoAstro Re: air rifle set up - 7th May 2020 9:18am
Pink Floyd Brain Damage
Everything Casper said "Totally agree"
Mine is a 22 Remington Genesis 1000 bought it on a whim NEW thoe will NOT use as in a different part of Wirral now. If we go like Scotland will hand in to a Rifle association or hand in to be destroyed also Will Not sell incase someone got injured.

Attached picture IMG_20200507_095732.jpg
Attached picture IMG_20200507_101523.jpg
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: air rifle set up - 7th May 2020 7:53pm
Originally Posted by BultacoAstro
Pink Floyd Brain Damage
Everything Casper said "Totally agree"
Mine is a 22 Remington Genesis 1000 bought it on a whim NEW thoe will NOT use as in a different part of Wirral now. If we go like Scotland will hand in to a Rifle association or hand in to be destroyed also Will Not sell incase someone got injured.

I took mine to manner road police station. Had it for about 26 years! Handed it in to be destroyed. Wasn’t suitable with kids in house.

Anyway. Get a large bit of cardboard. Put 4 large dots on board in square.

Retreat to about 7m ish and fire 2 or 3 at each dot using all marksmanship principles. Go and have a look at groupings, groups should be tight like 50p size. Will be low or high, left right etc. Make adjustment and repeat. When happy then do a bit of a range test. See how far away before your pellet drops. Good fun.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: air rifle set up - 8th May 2020 5:11pm
Used to have a .22 BSA Meteor Mk IV, had it for over 30 years, then some relatives pinched it and took it to the rubbish dump thinking that it was an illegal weapon!!! With me being in the middle of a messy divorce it may have influenced them.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral