Forums
Posted By: granny Local sites for selling items on - 15th May 2019 6:20pm

Apart from Wikiwirral, are there any other local sites for selling second hand goods on ? I thought I had heard of Wirral Buy and Sell.. but not sure and don't know where to find it .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Local sites for selling items on - 15th May 2019 10:23pm
Facebook marketplace is good (despite being part of facebook).

Gumtree

Loot

Preloved

All of them are filterable to area and tend to be local pick-up sales unlike ebay. There are specific groups on facebook as well.

Buysell disappeared a while ago, think it was run by one of the newspaper groups.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Local sites for selling items on - 16th May 2019 6:44am
On Facebook there is a group called Wirral buy and sell.
Posted By: granny Re: Local sites for selling items on - 16th May 2019 8:19am

Thank you very much. Not for myself, so I'm not sure if the person concerned is on Facebook, but will pass on the info..

Cheers

I think it was Facebook Marketplace that my daughters partner sold his vehicle on. A large white van he'd used for business. Sold it without any problem, but two days later the same guys came back and said the van wasn't working. Demanded half the money back. Crooks from London, and very threatening behaviour.
The van was in good order, and had never let anyone down previously .
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Local sites for selling items on - 16th May 2019 8:55am
Originally Posted by granny
I think it was Facebook Marketplace that my daughters partner sold his vehicle on. A large white van he'd used for business. Sold it without any problem, but two days later the same guys came back and said the van wasn't working. Demanded half the money back. Crooks from London, and very threatening behaviour.
The van was in good order, and had never let anyone down previously .

Common occurrence - although it can happen on any sale site.

Sometimes the new buyers swap out the engine or other parts.
Posted By: granny Re: Local sites for selling items on - 16th May 2019 9:24pm

They didn't even return in the van. They left that in London ! So no proof .
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Local sites for selling items on - 19th May 2019 11:15pm
have sold a few things locally on market place but you do seem to get a load of timewasters. Ebay is of course ok as buyers can search within the area they live..

Posted By: venice Re: Local sites for selling items on - 20th May 2019 5:57pm
It always surprises me how low the secondhand prices have to be for practically new stuff before people will buy --
Posted By: Dilly Re: Local sites for selling items on - 20th May 2019 7:00pm
It always surprises me how low the secondhand prices have to be for practically new stuff before people will buy --

Everyone likes a bargain smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral