Forums
Posted By: lincle One stop shop - 30th Jan 2019 3:24pm
Noticed this shop (formerly Spar ) in Reeds Lane has been closed for a couple of weeks .Has the Post Office been moved ?
Posted By: lincle Re: One stop shop - 30th Jan 2019 3:27pm
Would help if I said where Im talking about ,its Reeds Lane Leasowe
Posted By: Bobario Re: One stop shop - 30th Jan 2019 5:29pm
I heard on the grapevine it had become infested with mice and wont be allowed to re-open till the environmental health people are satisfied.
Posted By: lincle Re: One stop shop - 30th Jan 2019 6:01pm
Ooh gosh,how many more business premises with same cleanliness problem
Posted By: starakita Re: One stop shop - 30th Jan 2019 6:53pm
The kids from Claremount 6th form use that shop but haven't been able to since it closed.I thought it was for refurb.One of the teachers said there was a note saying it was shut for technical reasons.Must be annoying for the locals not being able to use the post office.
Posted By: MisterSmiff Re: One stop shop - 31st Jan 2019 5:54pm
Time for a brisk stroll up Twickenham Drive maybe
Posted By: locomotive Re: One stop shop - 31st Jan 2019 7:35pm
The Post Office in Upton village has been shut since December, I don't know why.
Posted By: lincle Re: One stop shop - 1st Feb 2019 8:44am
No post office in Twickenham Drive Mistersmiff but would think Claremount 6th form are midway between the shops if theyre situated on the old Kingsway Academy site.
Posted By: starakita Re: One stop shop - 1st Feb 2019 5:37pm
Yes the Claremount 6th form are not quite on the Kingsway but that lighthouse looking building the CLC. Not sure what shop they are using but must be Twickenham drive or if they are up at the main school there is a shop across the road.The one stop shop is better as they can go in small groups & no roads to cross plus it builds up confidence & they've got to know the staff in there.
Posted By: MisterSmiff Re: One stop shop - 1st Feb 2019 6:10pm
Originally Posted by lincle
No post office in Twickenham Drive Mistersmiff

Whaaat

I could have sworn there was one near the old Oyster Catcher (I'm going back nearly ten years though). So the whole town's buggered now :|
Posted By: lincle Re: One stop shop - 1st Feb 2019 6:33pm
Many many years ago Mistersmiff. But theres still hope.Rumour has it that things will be back to normal on Saturday but which Saturday
© Wirral-Wikiwirral