Forums
Posted By: Littlebear Where to buy electronic components? - 22nd Dec 2018 7:19pm
Now that Maplins is gone - I need some capacitors and various other bits, does anyone know of a place on the Wirral?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Where to buy electronic components? - 22nd Dec 2018 8:51pm
There isn't a proper retail place but SS Radio, Mill Lane, Wallasey will sell stuff if they have it it stock.

I normally just ebay things.
Posted By: saltytom Re: Where to buy electronic components? - 23rd Dec 2018 7:43am
RS Online www.rs-online.com
Posted By: gerrymoore Re: Where to buy electronic components? - 23rd Dec 2018 9:14am
I always use EBAY......cheaper (even with postage) and quicker than trailing around looking for stuff.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Where to buy electronic components? - 24th Dec 2018 1:45pm
RS can be pricey, but they offer free next day postage. You can download data sheets, and its worth looking at their 'Designspark' service - a free PCB design package. if you're into that sort of thing.

One of the things that often drives me nuts about them is that sometimes you find a connector which fits what you need, but finding the mating connector for that is a nightmare!

Whilst we're on the subject of free design software, its worth downloading 'LTspice' from Linear technology. This is a free circuit simulator - a cut-down version of Pspice or Spice. Very easy to use and you can see how a circuit is behaving without having to build it up on a breadboard and check it with an oscilloscope.
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Where to buy electronic components? - 25th Dec 2018 11:27am
Thanks, I’m aware you can get this stuff online, just needed to know if there was anywhere local (which it appears there isn’t!)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral