Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Where To Get Poppies - 21st Nov 2018 10:26pm
anyone know where you can still get poppies or wooden poppy crosses, or even a poppy wreath without nicking one (other than ebay). British Legion dont have them in there Poppy Shop
thank you
Posted By: granny Re: Where To Get Poppies - 21st Nov 2018 11:59pm

Didn't receive a wooden one through the post this year. Haven't seen anyone with them now Fish. They have probably all been collected again. How many are you looking for ?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Where To Get Poppies - 22nd Nov 2018 5:27pm
one to 5. went the cenotaph service but not had a chance to get to my own dads grave yet . . Can get a couple on ebay but obviously not sure of the source and would rather money went to the cause . Just phoned British Legion and apparently they are not sold through their Poppy Shop but have given me a number.
Posted By: locomotive Re: Where To Get Poppies - 22nd Nov 2018 8:10pm
Try Birkenhead Branch RBL in Park Road East, or Upton ATC.
Posted By: locomotive Re: Where To Get Poppies - 22nd Nov 2018 8:24pm
On further thinking about it, Heswall, Neston, Wallasey or Little Sutton RBL Poppy organisers should still have them in stock, try ringing the Branches direct, I'll try and enquire tomorrow.
Posted By: Mr1470 Re: Where To Get Poppies - 22nd Nov 2018 10:06pm
Just Google.
Posted By: locomotive Re: Where To Get Poppies - 23rd Nov 2018 7:15pm
Yes, if you search for"Poppies by donation" it takes you to a website (RBL) where they have them for £2.50 each, probably easier in the end.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Where To Get Poppies - 19th Dec 2018 5:33pm
Granny thanks for the cross, managed to get 4 more from Heswall British Legion. Tried to PM this photo but your over limit. Worked out well as my nephew came up from Wales and the last time he was here was for my dads funeral about 10 years ago.

Attached picture grave dec 2018.jpg
Posted By: granny Re: Where To Get Poppies - 20th Dec 2018 12:16pm

Very nice, Fish.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral