Forums
Posted By: ShySusie Bus Birkenhead to Llangollen - 20th Oct 2018 10:11am
My friend's daughter is moving from Birkenhead to live with her new boyfriend in Llangollen. My friend has a national OAP bus pass. Can she use this to get there from Birkenhead? I tried a journey planner on the Arriva site but gave a really mad journey going Wallasey, Liverpool, Halton, Chester, Mold, Wrexham or something like that. Madder than a big box of mad things. We know there is a bus to Chester from Birkenhead is there one Chester to Llangollen and would it be free on the bus pass?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Bus Birkenhead to Llangollen - 20th Oct 2018 11:52am
Three buses is the minimum you can do it in, Birkenhead, Chester, Wrexham then Llangollen. Unfortunately the English older person's bus pass is only valid in England and is off-peak only so it won't cover all those buses.
Posted By: ShySusie Re: Bus Birkenhead to Llangollen - 20th Oct 2018 12:43pm
Aww thank you DD you are an absolute sweetie pie xx Makes lots more sense than the Arriva site. Also I didn't realise about Wales not being England. In Essex our nearest foreign border was France! Down South we think of England being the whole island. Never been to Wales. I knew the Welsh talk in a foreign language but thought they still lived in part of England.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Bus Birkenhead to Llangollen - 20th Oct 2018 3:50pm
Train is another possibility, change at Chester and Wrexham again.

God knows how much it is these days. I would apply for a bank loan now!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Bus Birkenhead to Llangollen - 20th Oct 2018 5:46pm
Even with train it is still two changes, either train-bus-bus or train-train-bus.
Posted By: plantpot Re: Bus Birkenhead to Llangollen - 20th Oct 2018 9:15pm
Train from Bidston Station in Birkenhead, to Wrexham takes 56mins, think you can use your OAP pass as far as Neston Station, then bus from Wrexham to Llangollen 36 mins price £2-£4 on bus not sure on train fare.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Bus Birkenhead to Llangollen - 21st Oct 2018 1:15am
Originally Posted by plantpot
Train from Bidston Station in Birkenhead, to Wrexham takes 56mins, think you can use your OAP pass as far as Neston Station, then bus from Wrexham to Llangollen 36 mins price £2-£4 on bus not sure on train fare.

Yep. My lads done it a few times. Good bus service wrexham llangollen.
Posted By: ShySusie Re: Bus Birkenhead to Llangollen - 21st Oct 2018 8:46am
Awww thanks everyone that is really helpful xx
© Wirral-Wikiwirral