Forums
Posted By: Littlebear Liverpool / Wirral alternative news sites? - 7th Sep 2018 7:23pm
I stopped reading Liverpool echo a while ago, it’s too clickbait and completely chugs on anything I use to view it. Wirral globe is the same!

Are there any decent news sites that aren’t biased towards ,you wont believe what etc’ clickbait and heavy advertising?
There's only the Echo and the Globe newspapers for this area all the news sites are the same for OTT advertising messing up the page to an unusable state at times. I use an ad-blocker "uBlock origin".

If they put plain adverts up that didn't move the page around and take ages to load then I wouldn't use an ad-blocker and I've told them that many times.

The BBC news site is ok but seems to be a lot slower with news these day and a lot less localised than it used to be. Radio stations used to run decent news sites but then drifted away from them, not that I have checked recently.
I use the same adblocker, but on iPhone and iPad it’s unavailable. The Echodoesnt work well on either.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral