Forums
Posted By: venice Hamilton Square parking - 4th Jul 2018 12:03pm
Need to visit Birkenhead Town Hall . Anyone know how gruesome the parking situation is around there on a weekday lunchtime please ? I believe theres paid parking near . Wondering if its just money meters - I hate anything you have to ring and pay be card etc like in parts of Chester . Any advice for easy pay parking ? Dont mind walking couple hundred yds if it avoids card meters .
Posted By: granny Re: Hamilton Square parking - 4th Jul 2018 12:36pm

Do you need the car Venice. Train from PSunlight to Hamilton Sq. (if you can find parking at PS) ?

Long time since I parked in Birkenhead but there was a car park off Argyle street, behind Hamilton Square station, which always seemed to have parking spaces (metered) . There are others which I'm sure someone will inform you about.
Posted By: starakita Re: Hamilton Square parking - 4th Jul 2018 1:16pm
Originally Posted by venice
Need to visit Birkenhead Town Hall . Anyone know how gruesome the parking situation is around there on a weekday lunchtime please ? I believe theres paid parking near . Wondering if its just money meters - I hate anything you have to ring and pay be card etc like in parts of Chester . Any advice for easy pay parking ? Dont mind walking couple hundred yds if it avoids card meters .

Last time I was there it was coin operated machines and it wasn't very busy. About 50 for half an hour but could of gone up
Posted By: venice Re: Hamilton Square parking - 4th Jul 2018 7:01pm
Thanks ladies . Hadnt thought of Port Sunlight granny although had considered Hooton .Not that keen on leaving the car there , but may review it. Think I might risk the meters , seems like theres a reasonable chance of finding something using proper money !
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hamilton Square parking - 4th Jul 2018 8:29pm
Hooton you have to pay for parking but its only 80p plus your rail fare.

Elgin Way near Hamilton Square is free but usually full but worth a look.

Not far from that next door to the treasury building on Cleveland Street there is a 50p/hour or £2 all day car park which usually has spaces - and they have finished repairing the wall that fell down and smashed a few cars in the high winds a while ago, entrance is on Sandford Street.

Pay and display on Cleveland Street as well.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Hamilton Square parking - 4th Jul 2018 10:17pm
Wirral Council Parking Tax

https://www.wirral.gov.uk/parking-r...-i-park-wirral/pay-and-display-car-parks
Posted By: venice Re: Hamilton Square parking - 4th Jul 2018 10:47pm
thanks fish a great link , thanks for tip too DD. I think Ill be fine by car.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Hamilton Square parking - 5th Jul 2018 10:51am
There is a payed carpark , on the old Woodside Hotel ground that is reasonable price and near by .
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Hamilton Square parking - 7th Jul 2018 8:07am
If this is still required, I have a car park a 2 min walk away on Priory Wharf you're welcome to use a space. Secure and free!

PM me if so.
Posted By: venice Re: Hamilton Square parking - 11th Jul 2018 1:02am
Hi Missy and Jeremy. Thanks for your suggestions, sorry , I didnt think Id get any more replies ,so didnt follow the thread and didnt see your kind offer till now thanks Jeremy . I have been now to the Town Hall now, and I was lucky, the parking was cash as someone said, and I was able to park directly outside - it was really quiet . Thanks again everyone for your help .

As an aside - there was a very nice 'antique shop' across the road from the station bit further towards Woodside . Spent a while happily browsing in there as Id paid for an hours parking . Not high class unaffordable stuff , just varied.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral