Forums
Posted By: TheGodSplinter Brimstage Road Hedge - 7th May 2018 5:14pm
Hi.

At the Junction 4 end of Brimstage road, having come from the Spital Crossroads traffic lights, there used to be a gap in the hedge that flanked the golf course, although it was occasionally fenced off. Can anybody tell me whether or not that gap in the hedge is still there? It's right across the road from the lay-by. I've included a picture of how it looked around 15-17 years ago. Does it look anything like that, now?

Ian.

Attached picture GCSE Gap in Brimstage Rd.jpg
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Brimstage Road Hedge - 7th May 2018 8:22pm
It was fenced for a while a few years ago and got overgrown but the fence got broken through a couple of years ago and it has gradually cleared of overgrowth since, I don't think there is any sign of the fence now. I'm pretty sure its now wide open, if I remember I will check to the way past tomorrow.
Posted By: TheGodSplinter Re: Brimstage Road Hedge - 7th May 2018 8:44pm

Diggin...

Thanks for that. That's very helpful of you. The location (as odd as it might seem) has sentimental value, to me.

Ian.
Posted By: Wally1 Re: Brimstage Road Hedge - 8th May 2018 12:29am
Google Earth view but not sure when it was photographed.
Road sign is now almost obliterated by leaves.

Attached picture BrimstageRd.jpg
Posted By: TheGodSplinter Re: Brimstage Road Hedge - 8th May 2018 12:12pm

Wally...

Thanks for that. I didn't know you could even do that with Google Earth, but many thanks for doing it, anyway.

Diggin...

PIctures are helpful, too...are you able to take one on your way past there, for me?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Brimstage Road Hedge - 8th May 2018 3:08pm
Well, shows how good my memory is NOT!, the fence is still there but there is still a gap past it albeit overgrown at the moment. I thought I saw a mower drive through it last year.

Attached picture IMG_0474[1]-s.jpg
Posted By: TheGodSplinter Re: Brimstage Road Hedge - 8th May 2018 3:14pm

Diggin & Wally...

You guys...they're great - thanks, very much, to both of you.

Ian.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral