Forums
Posted By: Snodvan Rake Lane Cemetery - 11th Mar 2018 2:33pm
Being Mothers Day I, and many others, took flowers/ plants to Rake Lane today. I also too cloths etc to wash the headstone

Problem - NO WATER!

Most locations looked as if the taps had been removed/ pipes not capped so I guess the removal is general nit just vandals. Anyone know if this is just a precaution agains frost in winter (fair) or some permanent arrangement.

Damned nuisance today, especially given so many folk want water for flowers on Mum's Day

Snod
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Rake Lane Cemetery - 12th Mar 2018 10:08am
Wonder if they've had to turn it off after the big freeze; there may well have been burst pipes that need sorting.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Rake Lane Cemetery - 12th Mar 2018 8:23pm
That was my first thought - but then the taps are missing and the pipe ends seem to be open

The tap system in Rake Lane looked quite good before ie the taps are push button type (give water only when tap top is pushed) and the whole tap was mounted inside a substantial steel box. To get water you pushed the tap top through a finger size hole in the box side and water came from out of the bottom of the box. That should be ample to stop people leaving the taps running and there was not obvious way for someone with a spanner or cutter to remove the actual tap
----- but looks like someone has

I wrote to "friends of Rake Lane Cemetery" (and amazingly had a reply within an hour on a Sunday!) They promise to investigate

Snod
© Wirral-Wikiwirral