Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Love Is a Losing Game - 17th Feb 2018 9:46pm
Can someone put me out my misery and tell me what song this reminds me off from way back when. I'm fairly sure it was either a film or TV theme song around the 1970's, maybe earlier? Tune is near enough identical, I'm never good with lyrics but I thought they were similar as well?

Posted By: venice Re: Love Is a Losing Game - 17th Feb 2018 11:41pm
Her style fits well with the Bond films - maybe one of the very early intro themes was very similar .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Love Is a Losing Game - 18th Feb 2018 1:48am
I've thought of a couple of near misses which are definitely NOT the one I was thinking of. I'll warn that some might not see the similarities but I don't necessarily hear things the same way as others.

Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra, this could well be the one but sung by someone else, its that close.

Everly Brothers - When Will I be Loved, this might be different musically without a bit of arranging but the lyrics may be closer to what I am thinking of. Imagine it slowed down and sung more seductively without the harmonies.

Posted By: venice Re: Love Is a Losing Game - 18th Feb 2018 9:32am
You need egg or Dilly to help here !
Posted By: venice Re: Love Is a Losing Game - 18th Feb 2018 9:39am
She sounds just like Sarah Vaughan who its said was one of her influences, Thought it might be similar to one of her old songs, but I cant see any that sound that similar.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Love Is a Losing Game - 18th Feb 2018 5:33pm
shirley bassey ?
Posted By: kenmo52 Re: Love Is a Losing Game - 18th Feb 2018 10:38pm
Whoever it reminds you of DD it is a truly incredible song by Amy, one of my all time favourire songs. What a waste of such an immense talent !!!
Posted By: Salmon Re: Love Is a Losing Game - 19th Feb 2018 8:20am
Ketty Lester singing Love Letters is quite similar
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Love Is a Losing Game - 20th Feb 2018 5:04am
Originally Posted by Salmon
Ketty Lester singing Love Letters is quite similar

I've seen Alison Moyet sing that song live, Ketty was better. Thanks for the suggestion.
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: Love Is a Losing Game - 21st Feb 2018 10:44am
Originally Posted by fish5133
shirley bassey ?

'Never, never, never' is similar.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral