Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Travelling Bus and Train Which Tickets? - 15th Nov 2017 5:31pm
Not been on them for a few years other than a bus to Liverpool and just paid cash. Need to get train from sandhills back into Liverpool and then bus or train back to Wirral (Irby). Anyone a public transport officianado on day tickets etc. Last time it was a scratch card ticket and zones came into play.
Posted By: Paintboffin Re: Travelling Bus and Train Which Tickets? - 15th Nov 2017 5:44pm
I don't know about the tickets these days but you can buy a return £3.55 from Birkenhead North and park your car there for free, you change at Moorfields to get a train to Sandhills.

PB
Its so complicated these days which one of the reasons I don't use buses.

If its off-peak a saveaway ticket is £5.20 a day and covers all Merseytravel area for buses and trains.

There may be a better option?
Posted By: zippy44 Re: Travelling Bus and Train Which Tickets? - 16th Nov 2017 7:25am
£5.20 saveaway is best option after 09.30 Monday to Friday or all day sat sun
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Travelling Bus and Train Which Tickets? - 16th Nov 2017 8:53am
If you can wait, they'll give you a free travel pass, but you won't be able to use it before 9.30 a.m.
Posted By: granny Re: Travelling Bus and Train Which Tickets? - 16th Nov 2017 9:34am

https://www.merseyrail.org/tickets-passes/daily-travel/saveaway.aspx

Don't know where you can get them from now. Post offices used to sell them.

If it's to be on a regular basis, there are different passes. Used to be called a Trio. (Bus /train/ferry)

https://www.merseyrail.org/tickets-passes.aspx
Posted By: Norton Re: Travelling Bus and Train Which Tickets? - 16th Nov 2017 1:14pm
Why not do the whole journey by bus? Get an Arriva Merseyside or North West day ticket (which is less than £5). You buy it from the bus driver and there are no time restrictions.
You can also purchase on-line from Arriva. Stagecoach do something similar. On certain routes, the tickets are interchangeable between operators, but do check first.

Plenty of buses go past Sandhills into town, often ending at or near Queens Square, so handy to get a Wirral bound bus.

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Travelling Bus and Train Which Tickets? - 16th Nov 2017 2:01pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
If you can wait, they'll give you a free travel pass, but you won't be able to use it before 9.30 a.m.

laugh

Is a bit complicated with peak and off peak stuff. Sorted in the end..asked the kids. "Dad..you just take this Walrus to Mcolls and get it topped up . As it turned out I could have not bothered at all..Drove over left my car to have a rear window fitted (they said leave it with us for the day) . Just as bus was getting into Liverpool one they phoned and said its done (took them half an hour)..so bus straight back and drove home!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral