Forums
Posted By: vampy1977 uPVC guttering - 24th Jul 2017 4:18pm
Hi.
Am looking for someone who can do some work on uPVC gutters. Over the weekend with the heavy rain, it was like a mini waterfall with water coming over where the gutter connects to next doors.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: uPVC guttering - 24th Jul 2017 9:25pm
Its not uncommon, gutters (especially long runs) often overflow with heaviest rains, as long as most of the time they prevent water running down walls then they are doing their job.

Debris collects in them (especially at joins where moss holds a mass together), it might just need a quick clean-out. Some window cleaners will do this cheaply.

I laugh where the downpipe is just round a corner, there is no way the water is going to turn ninety degrees without sloshing out when its at full flow. I always picture the Winter Olympic toboggan fails.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: uPVC guttering - 24th Jul 2017 11:04pm
funny enough just been looking at one of my gardening customers gutters as she said she had a leak on her bedroom ceiling. Her gutters had been cleared but the neighbour hadn't bothered and you could see moss and stuff in the gutter at the connection with the neighbours and sods law the downpipe was on her neighbours side.
As DD said a quick word with a local window cleaner..my neighbours window cleaner used to clear my gutters when the creeping Virginia grew up the wall and into them..best £5 or £10 spent
Posted By: Habdab Re: uPVC guttering - 25th Jul 2017 9:55pm
If you still want them sorted, try ringing Handyman Paul on
07763 067557
Posted By: vampy1977 Re: uPVC guttering - 17th Aug 2017 9:06pm
thanks for all your replies. It turned out there was a build up of debris and mud, and also the rubber seal on the union connector had perished.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral